The Student Room Group

How many places can you volunteer at once

I'm a Y12 student at my school's 6th form, which obviously limits my time to evenings and weekends. Im doing 4 A Levels - Bio, chem ,maths, comp. (got AABA in last mocks, no maths exams in summer)

I don't have a job yet, I'm gonna lighten my volunteering load once I've gained enough experience.

How many hours do places usually require as a minimum? Therefore would 5 places be okay?

O A pharmacy that I live down the road from

O 2 medical centres - one's 5 minutes away from school, and my actual doctors. The other is about 10 mins away from sch)

O A care home across the street from school

O Local hospital, under half an hour by bus
You would have to ask the places what their requirements are with regards to minimum hours are.
Some may have a minimum number of hours, some may not.
And as long as the places you volunteer at don't have a policy about not volunteering elsewhere while you are there, then you can volunteer at as many places as you want.
Oh damn, that policy is a thing? Do a lot of places have that?
Also what's like a normal number of min hours??
Original post by Emma:-)
You would have to ask the places what their requirements are with regards to minimum hours are.
Some may have a minimum number of hours, some may not.
And as long as the places you volunteer at don't have a policy about not volunteering elsewhere while you are there, then you can volunteer at as many places as you want.
Original post by amphibology
Oh damn, that policy is a thing? Do a lot of places have that?
Also what's like a normal number of min hours??

Its mainly employers that have that sort of policy, that while working for them you cant also have another job elsewhere.
I dont think its very common for places to have that sort of things for volunteers, they usually are glad to have any volunteers- as long as you meet any requirements, but its always worth a check.
Theres no normal minimum number of hours. Everywhere is completely different. Many say you to do as much or as little as you can. You would have to ask them to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending