The Student Room Group

Loughborough University Human Biology students

Hi,

I am going to University in September 2019 and I have an offer for Human biology but am having doubts about the course. If there are any students who take Human Biology at Loughborough University how different in the course to A level Biology? Is there a lot of Biochemistry involved? It would be useful to hear a students honest opinion on what the course is like.

Thanks in advance.
The course structure will be online. Uni level study is nothing like A level study.
Original post by Rebecca3456
Hi,

I am going to University in September 2019 and I have an offer for Human biology but am having doubts about the course. If there are any students who take Human Biology at Loughborough University how different in the course to A level Biology? Is there a lot of Biochemistry involved? It would be useful to hear a students honest opinion on what the course is like.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 2
Yes, I'm going to look through the course structure online, thanks.
I get that its not like A levels, I'm hoping the University course can be more tailored to the areas of Human Biology that I am interested in.
Original post by alleycat393
The course structure will be online. Uni level study is nothing like A level study.
It may or may not be. That'll depend on the course structure and how much flexibility there is so you really need to research this.
Yes, I'm going to look through the course structure online, thanks.
I get that its not like A levels, I'm hoping the University course can be more tailored to the areas of Human Biology that I am interested in.
Reply 4
Yeah, I'm going to do some research this weekend. Thanks for your reply.
Original post by alleycat393
It may or may not be. That'll depend on the course structure and how much flexibility there is so you really need to research this.
Hey @Rebecca3456,

Congratulations on your offer, we hope to eventually have you studying here with us.

In regards to your course, please take a look at the following link (https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/a-z/human-biology/) where you can find the modules included on the course and have a think as to whether this is what you are interested in studying at university. I can see that biochemistry is a core module throughout your first and second semester of your 1st year.

Good luck with making your decision and if there is anything else you need, please ask.

Bemi.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Reply 6
Thank you, I have spoken to admissions and they have told me to email to request to change my offer to Psychology because I really love the University and the Psychology course is more appealing to me. I am unsure whether this would cancel my original Human Biology offer by doing so, do you happen to know if it will.

Thanks,
Rebecca
Original post by Loughborough University
Hey @Rebecca3456,

Congratulations on your offer, we hope to eventually have you studying here with us.

In regards to your course, please take a look at the following link (https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/a-z/human-biology/) where you can find the modules included on the course and have a think as to whether this is what you are interested in studying at university. I can see that biochemistry is a core module throughout your first and second semester of your 1st year.

Good luck with making your decision and if there is anything else you need, please ask.

Bemi.
Thank you, I have spoken to admissions and they have told me to email to request to change my offer to Psychology because I really love the University and the Psychology course is more appealing to me. I am unsure whether this would cancel my original Human Biology offer by doing so, do you happen to know if it will.

Thanks,
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca3456

If you've e-mailed asking to change course, then yes it would replace your Human Biology offer. If you wanted to add Psychology as an option and keep Human Biology, you may be able to change one of your other offers via UCAS Extra. You can find info here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

If you want to talk through your options with admissions again before you make that final decision, it's worth calling them directly with any questions. They'll be happy to help and then at least you'll have the facts about everything you need to know before you make any changes.

Hope that helps :smile:
Vicky
Reply 8
That helps a lot, thanks very much :smile:
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Rebecca3456

If you've e-mailed asking to change course, then yes it would replace your Human Biology offer. If you wanted to add Psychology as an option and keep Human Biology, you may be able to change one of your other offers via UCAS Extra. You can find info here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

If you want to talk through your options with admissions again before you make that final decision, it's worth calling them directly with any questions. They'll be happy to help and then at least you'll have the facts about everything you need to know before you make any changes.

Hope that helps :smile:
Vicky
That helps a lot, thanks very much :smile:

You're welcome - good luck with your decision :smile:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending