EdxexceL History 12 marker structure??

Watch
Examhelpp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm doing edexcel History and have no clue how to answer the questions. Do I need 2 or 3 paragraphs for the 12 marker? My teachers tell me 2 but everywhere else I'm reading 3. Please help x
Last edited by Examhelpp; 2 years ago
AB2907
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I always go with three!

Three paragraphs using:
Point
Evidence
Explain
Link Back to Question

I like to think of it as 1 mark per section if that makes sense, so like 4 marks per paragraph. So, 3 paragraphs would get me the full 12 marks. I usually get 11-12 in my exams, so I would go with three.
Examhelpp
Rep:
?
Hi, thanks for replying. My teachers are telling me to do 2 PEE/EE/L paragraphs - so two broad points but find 2 pieces of evidence and explain for each. Do you think this will help me achieve good grades? thanks
AB2907
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Examhelpp)
Hi, thanks for replying. My teachers are telling me to do 2 PEE/EE/L paragraphs - so two broad points but find 2 pieces of evidence and explain for each. Do you think this will help me achieve good grades? thanks
That should work if your teachers are telling you it works. I'd suggest practicing 12 markers, even if it's just the structure, then asking them to mark it so you can ensure you're hitting those top grades.
Examhelpp
Rep:
?
Tysm, I will do so. Also, what structure are you doing for the 16 marker? We do two big paragraphs..
(Original post by AB2907)
That should work if your teachers are telling you it works. I'd suggest practicing 12 markers, even if it's just the structure, then asking them to mark it so you can ensure you're hitting those top grades.
AB2907
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Examhelpp)
Tysm, I will do so. Also, what structure are you doing for the 16 marker? We do two big paragraphs..
We are doing 3 paragraphs :/

For a 16 marker, you're answering 'How far do you agree?". We do 2 Agree paragraphs and 1 Disagree paragraph then do a conclusion, evaluating our decision. Or if we are disagreeing with the statement, we do 2 disagree and 1 agree.
Examhelpp
Rep:
?
That's how we used to do it, I rlly need to check with my teacher - I've had so many and they keep changing the structures :/
(Original post by AB2907)
We are doing 3 paragraphs :/

For a 16 marker, you're answering 'How far do you agree?". We do 2 Agree paragraphs and 1 Disagree paragraph then do a conclusion, evaluating our decision. Or if we are disagreeing with the statement, we do 2 disagree and 1 agree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (122)
87.14%
No (18)
12.86%

Watched Threads