The Student Room Group

EdxexceL History 12 marker structure??

Hi, I'm doing edexcel History and have no clue how to answer the questions. Do I need 2 or 3 paragraphs for the 12 marker? My teachers tell me 2 but everywhere else I'm reading 3. Please help x
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I always go with three!

Three paragraphs using:
Point
Evidence
Explain
Link Back to Question

I like to think of it as 1 mark per section if that makes sense, so like 4 marks per paragraph. So, 3 paragraphs would get me the full 12 marks. I usually get 11-12 in my exams, so I would go with three.
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for replying. My teachers are telling me to do 2 PEE/EE/L paragraphs - so two broad points but find 2 pieces of evidence and explain for each. Do you think this will help me achieve good grades? thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Examhelpp
Hi, thanks for replying. My teachers are telling me to do 2 PEE/EE/L paragraphs - so two broad points but find 2 pieces of evidence and explain for each. Do you think this will help me achieve good grades? thanks :smile:

That should work if your teachers are telling you it works. I'd suggest practicing 12 markers, even if it's just the structure, then asking them to mark it so you can ensure you're hitting those top grades.
Reply 4
Tysm, I will do so. Also, what structure are you doing for the 16 marker? We do two big paragraphs..
Original post by AB2907
That should work if your teachers are telling you it works. I'd suggest practicing 12 markers, even if it's just the structure, then asking them to mark it so you can ensure you're hitting those top grades.
Reply 5
Original post by Examhelpp
Tysm, I will do so. Also, what structure are you doing for the 16 marker? We do two big paragraphs..

We are doing 3 paragraphs :/

For a 16 marker, you're answering 'How far do you agree?". We do 2 Agree paragraphs and 1 Disagree paragraph then do a conclusion, evaluating our decision. Or if we are disagreeing with the statement, we do 2 disagree and 1 agree.
Reply 6
That's how we used to do it, I rlly need to check with my teacher - I've had so many and they keep changing the structures :/
Original post by AB2907
We are doing 3 paragraphs :/

For a 16 marker, you're answering 'How far do you agree?". We do 2 Agree paragraphs and 1 Disagree paragraph then do a conclusion, evaluating our decision. Or if we are disagreeing with the statement, we do 2 disagree and 1 agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending