The Student Room Group

which city is better ??

which city is good for living and for entertainment and for part time job?? plymouth, Staffordshire or Chester???
Hi there!

When you say Staffordshire, do you mean Stafford or Stoke-on-Trent? I can definitely tell you about Stoke, if that's what you're asking about.

- Gee
Original post by StaffsUniGee
Hi there!

When you say Staffordshire, do you mean Stafford or Stoke-on-Trent? I can definitely tell you about Stoke, if that's what you're asking about.

- Gee

deffo not stoke i kow a lot of scruffs from there lol
Original post by Bang Outta Order
deffo not stoke i kow a lot of scruffs from there lol

I don't know why Stoke gets such a bad rep! I'm currently at uni in Stoke (Staffordshire University), have been here three years and have never seen this side of Stoke. I love living here, especially the University Quarter area in Shelton. It's super homely! <3

- Gee
Original post by StaffsUniGee
1. I don't know why Stoke gets such a bad rep!

2. I'm currently at uni in Stoke (Staffordshire University), have been here three years and have never seen this side of Stoke.

well there ya go. go outside the areas scrubbed up for outsiders that you've been nestled in for 3 yrs for 5 minutes and you'll see exactly what im on about. it's hard to miss even behind rosy shades. every english town's got one, deprived ghettos. go up anley :wink:
Original post by naeem70333
which city is good for living and for entertainment and for part time job?? plymouth, Staffordshire or Chester???

dont do chester. full of pretentious tweedy hipster twatbags with an orange munter who cant spell her own name swinging about on his arm. thats what uk is now, it's got two faces mate. one side is the hipster posh gentrifying side, and the other is benefits britain where you get what you pay for, get what you don't pay for, and don't get what you do pay for all in a day's go. this class conflict has birthed a disaster of identity crisis and today's epidemic of working class mimickery of the said upper class and love island wanna be's.

i say this with love and so no matter where you go you will get the same thing in uk alright? just a different accent. however i see your name is not english so you must be a foreigner. your standard of living is determined by your own culture, not location, so have a whack at any place really.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by StaffsUniMaxie
I don't know why Stoke gets such a bad rep! I'm currently at uni in Stoke (Staffordshire University), have been here three years and have never seen this side of Stoke. I love living here, especially the University Quarter area in Shelton. It's super homely! <3

- Gee

What’s the night life in stoke like?

Quick Reply

Latest