The Student Room Group

Piano/keyboard recommendations

I bought the Casio CTK-1500 keyboard a week ago and have been learning to play it. I am making progress and am starting to realise that this keyboard is very limiting. It doesn't support a sustain pedal and I feel the size could be bigger (it has 61 keys). I guess I bought it because it was cheap.

I am having second thoughts now, I am still in the returns period so can send it back and get something better, though I need advice. Any pianists care to advise?
Reply 1
Original post by SunTiger
I bought the Casio CTK-1500 keyboard a week ago and have been learning to play it. I am making progress and am starting to realise that this keyboard is very limiting. It doesn't support a sustain pedal and I feel the size could be bigger (it has 61 keys). I guess I bought it because it was cheap.

I am having second thoughts now, I am still in the returns period so can send it back and get something better, though I need advice. Any pianists care to advise?

Can't say im a music maestro but im going to bump this for you. Someone might have an idea :bump:
Hiya, I study piano and have the yamaha p-45 digital piano...it's basically just a portable piano with a sustaining pedal & it has 88 keys unlike a keyboard; it's very good. Yamaha's products are always really consistent because I've always bought my saxophones from there too. You can order online at Gear4Music as they normally do a sort of deal package.
Reply 3
I ended up replacing the Casio with the Yamaha NP12, as I understand the P45 is one of the best keyboards out there but even a used one is out of my budget.

The NP12 is working great so far with touch sensitive keys, sustain pedal support and non of the unnecessary sound effect features. All for less than £200 brand new.

Now I just have to keep practicing!
Reply 4
Original post by SunTiger
I ended up replacing the Casio with the Yamaha NP12, as I understand the P45 is one of the best keyboards out there but even a used one is out of my budget.

The NP12 is working great so far with touch sensitive keys, sustain pedal support and non of the unnecessary sound effect features. All for less than £200 brand new.

Now I just have to keep practicing!

:hugs:
Good to hear :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest