The Student Room Group

Do you have to do a phd after masters?

I'm considering to get into marketing and am thinking about a masters but upon research I see stuff on phd's. For something such as advertising executive, is it necessary to write a phd after? Also is a masters worth it for advertising?
Original post by naqs02
I'm considering to get into marketing and am thinking about a masters but upon research I see stuff on phd's. For something such as advertising executive, is it necessary to write a phd after? Also is a masters worth it for advertising?

No, lots of people don't to a PhD after a Masters. The two are sometimes linked for funding purposes as in most cases, you do better at a PhD if you've done a Masters before. There's no necessary link though.

If you want to go into marketing, then doing a strong undergrad (English for instance) and then getting a few years marketing experience before doing a Masters would probably be the strongest route.
You don't have to but some jobs from job to job are better off if you do a PhD.
Original post by naqs02

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending