nievecooper40
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What laptop should I get for university? Is 13 inch size screen too small?
username4410950
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nievecooper40)
What laptop should I get for university? Is 13 inch size screen too small?
I think 13" is the maximum you want to get for a uni laptop that you'll be carrying around
nievecooper40
Rep:
?
Hello thank you for your reply, i dont want anything too expensive (more than £1000).
Ive applied to study English at Uni
TensorTympani
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello thank you for your reply, i dont want anything too expensive (more than £1000).
Ive applied to study English at Uni
As you have applied to study English I would suggest a Google Pixel book because I have felt the place before the keyboards where your hands rest when they type and it is very soft providing a neat typing experience. Or a Lenovo thinkpad even though they are outdated they have a mechanical keyboard which is extremely rare on any laptop.
nievecooper40
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! What size screen would you suggest?
(Original post by TensorTympani)
As you have applied to study English I would suggest a Google Pixel book because I have felt the place before the keyboards where your hands rest when they type and it is very soft providing a neat typing experience. Or a Lenovo thinkpad even though they are outdated they have a mechanical keyboard which is extremely rare on any laptop.
TensorTympani
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
12.3" is the only size available for the pixel book so go for that, and buy the Google pen while you are there because I was watching a review of it and with the pen you can circle an image and then Google assistant identifies what that image is.
Thank you so much! What size screen would you suggest?
nievecooper40
Rep:
?
Wow thank you so much! That’s so helpful
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TensorTympani)
£1000 just for a Chromebook? If you're going to spend this much money get a decent laptop.

Chromebooks have their uses as basic computers if you just want something cheap (under £300), but there's really no point spending £1000 for a machine that can only run Chrome.
HumanBrian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pff I have 17" it does not weight much more, but it is a beast and I can actually multitask on that screen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads