The Student Room Group

Laptops?

What laptop should I get for university? Is 13 inch size screen too small?
Original post by nievecooper40
What laptop should I get for university? Is 13 inch size screen too small?

I think 13" is the maximum you want to get for a uni laptop that you'll be carrying around
Hello thank you for your reply, i dont want anything too expensive (more than £1000).
Ive applied to study English at Uni
Hello thank you for your reply, i dont want anything too expensive (more than £1000).
Ive applied to study English at Uni

As you have applied to study English I would suggest a Google Pixel book because I have felt the place before the keyboards where your hands rest when they type and it is very soft providing a neat typing experience. Or a Lenovo thinkpad even though they are outdated they have a mechanical keyboard which is extremely rare on any laptop.
Thank you so much! What size screen would you suggest?
Original post by TensorTympani
As you have applied to study English I would suggest a Google Pixel book because I have felt the place before the keyboards where your hands rest when they type and it is very soft providing a neat typing experience. Or a Lenovo thinkpad even though they are outdated they have a mechanical keyboard which is extremely rare on any laptop.
12.3" is the only size available for the pixel book so go for that, and buy the Google pen while you are there because I was watching a review of it and with the pen you can circle an image and then Google assistant identifies what that image is.
Thank you so much! What size screen would you suggest?
Wow thank you so much! That’s so helpful :smile:
Original post by TensorTympani

£1000 just for a Chromebook? If you're going to spend this much money get a decent laptop.

Chromebooks have their uses as basic computers if you just want something cheap (under £300), but there's really no point spending £1000 for a machine that can only run Chrome.
Pff I have 17" it does not weight much more, but it is a beast and I can actually multitask on that screen :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending