The Student Room Group

What are the chances I have chlamydia

There was a girl I met up with in February but when we started to have sex I stopped because it wasnt what I wanted so we were only having sex for a couple of seconds. Anyway I have started casually seeing someone else now that I met last week. We agreed it's only going to be casual since I move away in 6 weeks so we've had sex twice. Anyway the first girl just messaged me saying she tested positive for chlamydia so I should get tested. I'm going to the clinic tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone knew what my chances of having it are. I haven't had any symptoms and it's been 2 months.
Did you have unprotected sex with the first partner?

Most people with chlamydia don't exhibit any symptoms.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JTfoxlove
Did you have unprotected sex with the first partner?

Most people with chlamydia don't exhibit any symptoms.

Just as we started to have sex I realised it wasn't what I wanted to do so stopped within 5 seconds so the tip didn't even go in completely.
Original post by Anonymous
There was a girl I met up with in February but when we started to have sex I stopped because it wasnt what I wanted so we were only having sex for a couple of seconds. Anyway I have started casually seeing someone else now that I met last week. We agreed it's only going to be casual since I move away in 6 weeks so we've had sex twice. Anyway the first girl just messaged me saying she tested positive for chlamydia so I should get tested. I'm going to the clinic tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone knew what my chances of having it are. I haven't had any symptoms and it's been 2 months.

Probably a decent chance. Try not to speculate too much, just wait for your results.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Probably a decent chance. Try not to speculate too much, just wait for your results.

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. If you don't mind me asking, how do you think there's a decent chance if we only had sex for less than 5 seconds and I wouldn't even class it as sex to be fair since my penis didn't really go inside her?
Reply 5
And just to add, since this was 3 months ago, surely there's a good chance she got it we met anyway?
Yeah that's what I'm going to do. If you don't mind me asking, how do you think there's a decent chance if we only had sex for less than 5 seconds and I wouldn't even class it as sex to be fair since my penis didn't really go inside her?

Just going by my knowledge of contracting other things. Any amount of exposure is enough. I'm not a medical professional btw
Reply 7
Just going by my knowledge of contracting other things. Any amount of exposure is enough. I'm not a medical professional btw

Ok, it's just there wasn't a lot of exposure anyway so I'm hoping I should be safe and since it has been a few months there is a chance she got the disease after we had met.
Ok, it's just there wasn't a lot of exposure anyway so I'm hoping I should be safe and since it has been a few months there is a chance she got the disease after we had met.

Most likely. It's good she told you just in case though. Definitely get tested for peace of mind at least
Reply 9
Most likely. It's good she told you just in case though. Definitely get tested for peace of mind at least

Yeah I hope there's only a slim chance I have it. I think because we didn't really have sex, not too much happened and the fact it was 3 months ago, I probably don't have it

Quick Reply

Latest