The Student Room Group

The gym..

My boyfriends recently started the gym again, and it makes me feel uncomfortable as I don’t want him looking at other girls or seeing them work out. He said he doesn’t watch them, just glances around the room etc.
It’s just making me so upset knowing he is going, I bring it up. Which I have done a lot. And he gets annoyed cause he thinks I’m being controlling and he said many times that he doesn’t watch girls, only glances by accident. HELP
You are being controlling.

Both men and women go to the gym to work out; not to ogle members of the opposite sex. When people workout they are focused on themselves so they don't fall flat on their face. If they wanted to go and stare at people they could do that in a pub without paying monthly membership fees.

In modern times your boyfriend would sooner get yelled at for staring at girls in a gym than get their phone number.
Reply 2
why you don't go to gym? or dance?
If you don't trust him then why are you with him? It's human nature to look at other people. Look but don't touch, that's the rule.
You are clearly far too immature for a relationship and he needs to leave ASAP.

He is going to the gym to be a better person, not to pick up girls. And trust me, girls don't get picked up in the gym.

You have trust issues, sort them before you lose him.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriends recently started the gym again, and it makes me feel uncomfortable as I don’t want him looking at other girls or seeing them work out. He said he doesn’t watch them, just glances around the room etc.
It’s just making me so upset knowing he is going, I bring it up. Which I have done a lot. And he gets annoyed cause he thinks I’m being controlling and he said many times that he doesn’t watch girls, only glances by accident. HELP
Reply 5
Okay, I’ve lost him a few times due to me being ‘crazy’ etc lol

It so happens that around 50% of people in the world are female. You can't stop your boyfriend from looking at other women, and you certainly have no right to tell him what he should be doing with his time. The problem is not him, it's with you - you need to work on your insecurities.

You sound overbearing and insecure
Reply 8
She's busy comfort eating and crying over her pizza! Let the girl eat..and cry...and not go to the gym ffs!
Original post by KATE XIA
why you don't go to gym? or dance?
Original post by Spanx
She's busy comfort eating and crying over her pizza! Let the girl eat..and cry...and not go to the gym ffs!

I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did...
I suspect this relationship is doomed to end not because he is going to the gym, but because you are the controlling and jealous type. It will poison your relationship and subsequent relationships if you don’t get out of this mindset.
Reply 11
Just don't let anyone poison her pizza, or her curry, or her chinese...let her have some comfort in this cruel world!
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
I suspect this relationship is doomed to end not because he is going to the gym, but because you are the controlling and jealous type. It will poison your relationship and subsequent relationships if you don’t get out of this mindset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending