The Student Room Group

think i might cry

feel like im gonna fail history tomorrow even though its the only subject i did revision for during easter holiday and the recent half term break

Scroll to see replies

u wont hun you will do great :smile:
Reply 2
thank you, im gonna try my best :smile:
Original post by BROWNNEYEDBAKERR
u wont hun you will do great :smile:
Why do u think taht u will fail then, believe in ur self you will make it x
Original post by emacsrose
feel like im gonna fail history tomorrow even though its the only subject i did revision for during easter holiday and the recent half term break
Ull do great relaxxx
You are panicking because the exam is soon, and that's a normal way to feel. Best thing to do is get your mind of it, go outside watch a movie or anything relaxing. You are ready. You revised. Even if right now you are forgetting everything its the stress talking.
me and maths :frown:
Reply 7
thank you :smile:
Original post by Roseeeezzzzx
Why do u think taht u will fail then, believe in ur self you will make it x
Reply 8
thank you :biggrin:
Original post by EliteWhovian
Ull do great relaxxx
Reply 9
thank you for the help, i'll probably go do something now to ease my mind :smile:
Original post by LinaHearts
You are panicking because the exam is soon, and that's a normal way to feel. Best thing to do is get your mind of it, go outside watch a movie or anything relaxing. You are ready. You revised. Even if right now you are forgetting everything its the stress talking.
Reply 10
Many people feel, at the last moment, like they've under-prepared and they're going to fail. But these feelings are just that, feelings. All you can do is revise hard and try to get a good grasp on the course. It sounds like you've been doing that. Your thoughts are not you. Your emotions are not you. If you've done a lot of work, you've got this. Trying to cram things in at this point is generally futile; you can go over your notes in a leisurely fashion, sure, but don't strain yourself. I'm a finalist at university. Yesterday I was stressed about an exam a couple of hours before it, and felt like I should be doing something. But I knew from experience that at that stage everything was basically set, so I just put on Netflix until the exam started. I was relaxed, and it went well. You want to get a good night's sleep, and you want to relax yourself. Everything else should come from the work you've done. In any case, good luck!

Edit: Also, if you need to cry, nothing wrong with a good one of those. It's your natural method of releasing emotion under stress and almost invariably will leave you feeling better in the end.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Chemist123
me and maths :frown:

How did you find geography today?
I did IGCSE History Paper 1. I swear to god, I had the most nerves for that paper. Heck, I stayed up till 2am revising and going through notes, but slept for 3 hours to wake up at 5am and continue. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. One of my teachers told me that everything comes back to you when you walk into the exam hall. I didn't believe him initially, but as I sat in my chair and stared through the transparent paper I started remember facts that I never thought I knew. For example I suddenly remember that the KDF had 30.4 million members with only 7.2 million actively involved and that the Gestapo was involved in detecting subversive comments during cheap holidays to Switzerland and Italy to keep hopes high through Volksgemeinschaft. Never in my life would I have ever thought I'd remember that, but it came back to me.

Rest. Revise a little bit in the morning. Eat a little bit of food for breakfast (2 hours before your exam). Keep your mind active and just walk in there and give it your best shot. You've worked hard, I don't know you but I know you would have. Best of luck for tomorrow, and don't stress out too much like me. :smile:

yuo will smash the exa. just relax and dont overthink it. go into the exam and say to yourself that you can do it and that you will pass. it might not work for you but ti does for me and i dont get stressed about it.

good luck :smile:
Reply 14
Try to keep a confident and positive mindset. As you've done enough revision, the info from your brain will easily spill onto the page once you see the question. :h:
guys I like cannot stop crying so my a level maths paper 1 could NOT have gone worse and I'm getting severely distraught by it because a) we were not even given the right formula booklet for it (we were given a 2004 AQA formula booklet for a new 2019 spec for Edexcel) and b) this has truly thrown me off and I can't stop thinking about it and I couldn't even answer like 7 questions and basically even the ones I did answer I don't even know if they're right except for the very first question. So anyway, is it still possible to pass maths after completely ****ing up paper 1??????
write everything you know down about the question and form it into paragraphs
Original post by SPandurangan
guys I like cannot stop crying so my a level maths paper 1 could NOT have gone worse and I'm getting severely distraught by it because a) we were not even given the right formula booklet for it (we were given a 2004 AQA formula booklet for a new 2019 spec for Edexcel) and b) this has truly thrown me off and I can't stop thinking about it and I couldn't even answer like 7 questions and basically even the ones I did answer I don't even know if they're right except for the very first question. So anyway, is it still possible to pass maths after completely ****ing up paper 1??????

It’s super possible
Honestly, stressing about a paper after you’ve done it is pointless. You gotta focus on the rest of your papers.

My friend did AS physics last year and barely got an E in one of the papers but did really well on the other 2 papers ( got 2 A’s) and ended up with a high B
thank you so much your so kind :smile:
Original post by math42
Many people feel, at the last moment, like they've under-prepared and they're going to fail. But these feelings are just that, feelings. All you can do is revise hard and try to get a good grasp on the course. It sounds like you've been doing that. Your thoughts are not you. Your emotions are not you. If you've done a lot of work, you've got this. Trying to cram things in at this point is generally futile; you can go over your notes in a leisurely fashion, sure, but don't strain yourself. I'm a finalist at university. Yesterday I was stressed about an exam a couple of hours before it, and felt like I should be doing something. But I knew from experience that at that stage everything was basically set, so I just put on Netflix until the exam started. I was relaxed, and it went well. You want to get a good night's sleep, and you want to relax yourself. Everything else should come from the work you've done. In any case, good luck!

Edit: Also, if you need to cry, nothing wrong with a good one of those. It's your natural method of releasing emotion under stress and almost invariably will leave you feeling better in the end.
thank you omg :smile:
Original post by Kroznox
I did IGCSE History Paper 1. I swear to god, I had the most nerves for that paper. Heck, I stayed up till 2am revising and going through notes, but slept for 3 hours to wake up at 5am and continue. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. One of my teachers told me that everything comes back to you when you walk into the exam hall. I didn't believe him initially, but as I sat in my chair and stared through the transparent paper I started remember facts that I never thought I knew. For example I suddenly remember that the KDF had 30.4 million members with only 7.2 million actively involved and that the Gestapo was involved in detecting subversive comments during cheap holidays to Switzerland and Italy to keep hopes high through Volksgemeinschaft. Never in my life would I have ever thought I'd remember that, but it came back to me.

Rest. Revise a little bit in the morning. Eat a little bit of food for breakfast (2 hours before your exam). Keep your mind active and just walk in there and give it your best shot. You've worked hard, I don't know you but I know you would have. Best of luck for tomorrow, and don't stress out too much like me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest