The Student Room Group

Urgent i need to make my university decision

I need to make the decision by 12 tonight!!!!!!!!

I have 4 choices to choose from for a business and managment undergraduate degree. I realise I have left It to the last minute but i'm really not sure what to do.
im considering putting down Portsmouth as my firm or insurance

I've done my research on aston and its supposed to be very good for business degrees

but according to the league tables for business and managment UEA is ranked at 27 place while aston and kent have moved down the league tables
aston university

UEA

Portsmouth university

and kent
Aston is the best choice out of those.
UEA then Kent, Aston, Portsmouth.
UEA Iin Norwich small city.
Kent very small city
Portsmouth seaside naval city
Aston Huge city
Good luck
Original post by swanseajack1
Kent very small city
Aston Huge city
Good luck

What makes you say UEA and Kent before Aston? Aston has the most superior business school/industry links out of the lot
Also Aston university is in Birmingham it isn't a city
Original post by hailey.love
I need to make the decision by 12 tonight!!!!!!!!

I have 4 choices to choose from for a business and managment undergraduate degree. I realise I have left It to the last minute but i'm really not sure what to do.
im considering putting down Portsmouth as my firm or insurance

I've done my research on aston and its supposed to be very good for business degrees

but according to the league tables for business and managment UEA is ranked at 27 place while aston and kent have moved down the league tables
aston university

UEA

Portsmouth university

and kent

Aston for the subject, though UEA is better regarded overall (just).
If you want an actual job in an actual decent firm (Big 4 etc) then Aston is the best choice out of the lot you have posted here, any "overall" prestige which is minuscule at best isn't what you should base your choice on because it is meaningless unless the university is in the top 20. Aston has the best business school out of the lot that's my 2 cents anyway.
Kent very small city
Aston Huge city
Good luck

I went to visit my brother at UEA (I’m at Kings). I absolutely loved the place. It’s a lively campus, -and people are all so chilled. Would deffo recommend over the others (I live near aston to know its a shithole).
UEA has consistently ranked top 20.Kent usually in the 20s Aston 30s or 40s and Portsmouth much lower.
Original post by Graduat33ntrym3d
What makes you say UEA and Kent before Aston? Aston has the most superior business school/industry links out of the lot
Also Aston university is in Birmingham it isn't a city

Birmingham is a massive city and Aston is part of it
UEA has consistently ranked top 20.Kent usually in the 20s Aston 30s or 40s and Portsmouth much lower.

Domestic rankings don't matter to employers or academics. What matters more is the overall perception of the university. In this regard, both UEA and Aston would be considered somewhere between top rank and second rank universities.

Since when is Kent a city
Kent very small city
Aston Huge city
Good luck
University of Kent is in Canterbury which is a city and houses one of the most famous cathedrals in the country.
Original post by MaterialDesign
Since when is Kent a city
Thanks for the help guys I chose Aston as my firm and Kent as insurance
Original post by hailey.love
Thanks for the help guys I chose Aston as my firm and Kent as insurance

Good choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending