The Student Room Group

Is viagogo fake

I’ve just ordered 4 mostack tickets. One of my friends ordered a jay1 ticket which was said to be fake. Is Viagogo fake or legit
Original post by User123445749393
I’ve just ordered 4 mostack tickets. One of my friends ordered a jay1 ticket which was said to be fake. Is Viagogo fake or legit

They have a rocky reputation. In future, research a company before using them and if you have any doubts, don't use them.
Reply 2

They are a reselling website, so the tickets on there could be real or fake. However, they have very bad practices which means there is a higher chance of them being fake, or the ticket potentially being cancelled/not useable by you. They allow reselling at hugely inflated prices, have misleading fees, and generally refuse to work with artists and venues to combat ticket touts. They're also renowned for terrible service if you have a problem with the tickets.

Often now, an artist or venue will have specific procedures for re-selling. There may be an approved re-selling site they use (which only allows face value sales), which allows them to update the list of attendees. They may handle re-selling themselves.

I'd recommend further research before the event, you don't want to turn up and be turned away (unless it's very close to where you live, in which case I guess it's always worth a shot anyway!).

Sorry I'm late seeing this but nah I ordered tickets a few years back from there and they came perfectly fine! They're over priced cos they're retail. Also are you going mostacks tour in october/ November cos if so I'm going too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending