The Student Room Group

People who have finished A levels, is it worth the stress, tears, and anxiety?

I have been so stressed and demotivated since there has been such a huge work load in comparison to GCSE. However, is it worth all the stress and crying, and will you always find something good near the end?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought so :rolleyes:
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
I have been so stressed and demotivated since there has been such a huge work load in comparison to GCSE. However, is it worth all the stress and crying, and will you always find something good near the end?
Original post by -Quava-
I thought so :rolleyes:

Is it worth it though? It has been very stressful
It is. It gives you security in life
I enjoyed doing them. Albeit incredibly stressful and I struggle with anxiety, I wouldn’t have chosen anything else.

You can always do different stuff like BTEC, i think they’re “easier”.

To be frank, so is basically everything worth doing in life. If you always take the path of least resistance in life you'll just end up at a dead-end.
Reply 6

Yes, if you put the work in you'll get the grades and go to the uni you want to the course you want to get the job you want and live the life you want
So it is well worth it :h:
It is worth it as the grades ultimately determine the next stage of your life, however not to the extent that it destroys you and negatively impacts your exam performance?
Original post by okurr123
It is worth it as the grades ultimately determine the next stage of your life, however not to the extent that it destroys you and negatively impacts your exam performance?

Oh ok because in art we have technically started our 2nd year project and I mean we have over the 6 weeks to get images, but it has for some reason impacted my mental health since I have been panicking, and crying really
They aren't that strenuous at all, it is merely peer pressure and the standards we like to set for ourselves that get us in a tizzy.
Oh ok because in art we have technically started our 2nd year project and I mean we have over the 6 weeks to get images, but it has for some reason impacted my mental health since I have been panicking, and crying really

Are you still doing a levels or are you in year 12??
Reply 11
An awful 2 years of my life but the relief I felt when it all ended was a relief like no other.... results day might send me back into self loathing but for now I’ve never felt more liberated and free, so hang in there just for this feeling lol
Yes and no...
For the first time in my life did I really know what fear was when I was sitting my alevel exams, which really was the beginning of a crippiling anxiety.
I guess it really depends your outlook on life and your coping mechanisms, back when I was studying I had an attitude of "this is it" and I believed my self worth was determined by whether I got into uni or not but I do laugh about it now because it really isn't!
Reply 13
I don't think any exam is worth stressing or crying over.
Original post by okurr123
Are you still doing a levels or are you in year 12??

I am doing onto year 13 now so on the 2nd year
Original post by itazuranakiss
Yes and no...
For the first time in my life did I really know what fear was when I was sitting my alevel exams, which really was the beginning of a crippiling anxiety.
I guess it really depends your outlook on life and your coping mechanisms, back when I was studying I had an attitude of "this is it" and I believed my self worth was determined by whether I got into uni or not but I do laugh about it now because it really isn't!

Thank you because this is exactly what I am going through! I have only ever started to feel this anxiety now and it’s pretty scary getting it for the first time. It feels like the end of the world (but in the back of the mind I know it’s not which is conflicting)
Original post by gjd800
I don't think any exam is worth stressing or crying over.

So true. I think it’s when you want to do well, you start to over think and that’s when the panicking begins
Original post by Fasih178
They aren't that strenuous at all, it is merely peer pressure and the standards we like to set for ourselves that get us in a tizzy.

I agree. I am around positive people which is great but comparing is a huge problem.
So do you mean it’s one way or the other (two years rather than for the rest of your life?)
I can’t stress enough it depends the subjects you are doing !!!! I found psychology and English lit so interesting and relatively easy. I found chemistry horrible which then affected my performance in the other two

Quick Reply

Latest