The Student Room Group

Just missed conditional offer grades, help/advice needed

I'm a mature student studying an access course and I hold 2 conditional offers for my firm and insurance choices at Christ Church. One is 30 distinctions and 15 merits, the other 30 merits and 15 distinctions.

I was on track to get the grades for the higher offer, but just before my exams had some serious personal issues happen, my college was made aware of my issues before I sat the exams. Because of the issues I struggled with studying and my head wasn't in the right place for my exams. As a result I sadly only got a pass in one of the exams.

This will leave my overall grades as 30 distinctions, 12 merits and 18 passes (15 of the passes, are made up of the ungraded units and independent study, which are passes at maximum).

So I've missed my firm offer by 3 merits, has anyone else been this close and still managed get onto their firm choice or if I don't get my firm, will I get my insurance?

I'm feeling mega stressed out right now as I've no idea what's going to happen what to do.
Original post by pinkchesh
I'm a mature student studying an access course and I hold 2 conditional offers for my firm and insurance choices at Christ Church. One is 30 distinctions and 15 merits, the other 30 merits and 15 distinctions.

I was on track to get the grades for the higher offer, but just before my exams had some serious personal issues happen, my college was made aware of my issues before I sat the exams. Because of the issues I struggled with studying and my head wasn't in the right place for my exams. As a result I sadly only got a pass in one of the exams.

This will leave my overall grades as 30 distinctions, 12 merits and 18 passes (15 of the passes, are made up of the ungraded units and independent study, which are passes at maximum).

So I've missed my firm offer by 3 merits, has anyone else been this close and still managed get onto their firm choice or if I don't get my firm, will I get my insurance?

I'm feeling mega stressed out right now as I've no idea what's going to happen what to do.

email both your firm and insurance ASAP and see what they say, it's close but will depend how close other applicants were really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending