how to stay positive and study hard? Watch

eatmyspleen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
umm well so I'm not a very good student, I get ' B's and I really want to improve I'm starting a-levels next month and I'm very scared because I really want to get into my dream college.
I've chosen Psychology,Sociology and English Literature
I would like some advice. Thank you
BeetRoots
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The more you become interested in a subject the less of a chore it is to study. Approach your learning like you really want to know, want to develop expertise, and the easier it will stick and stay with you. Go full nerd in other words.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by BeetRoots; 3 weeks ago
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by eatmyspleen)
umm well so I'm not a very good student, I get ' B's and I really want to improve I'm starting a-levels next month and I'm very scared because I really want to get into my dream college.
I sat my A-Level sociology exams this summer with AQA, anything you need help with?
eatmyspleen
Rep:
?
I haven't started school yet so once I do I will let you know - Thank you so much
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
I sat my A-Level sociology exams this summer with AQA, anything you need help with?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I haven't started school yet so once I do I will let you know - Thank you so much
Oh okay. Feel free to tag me when needed.
eatmyspleen
Rep:
?
thanks I'll keep it in mind. Nerd life begins lol
(Original post by BeetRoots)
The more you become interested in a subject the less of a chore it is to study. Approach your learning like you really want to know, want to develop expertise, and the easier it will stick and stay with you. Go full nerd in other words.
Zoe_H
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ive just finished my A Levels and one of them was psychology, one of the main pieces of advice id give is make sure to use all of your free periods to go over work and do extra reading etc. for GCSE its quite easy to leave revision till exam season and just go over everything then, with a levels it is quite important that you continue to go over everything you have done over the whole of the 2 years as this will help it stay in your head more and it will make revision on the run up to exams easier
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
eatmyspleen
Rep:
?
wow thank you so much, I'm sure this will help me out a lot next year
(Original post by Zoe_H)
Ive just finished my A Levels and one of them was psychology, one of the main pieces of advice id give is make sure to use all of your free periods to go over work and do extra reading etc. for GCSE its quite easy to leave revision till exam season and just go over everything then, with a levels it is quite important that you continue to go over everything you have done over the whole of the 2 years as this will help it stay in your head more and it will make revision on the run up to exams easier
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (525)
59.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.37%

Watched Threads