The Student Room Group

how to stay positive and study hard?

umm well so I'm not a very good student, I get ' B's and I really want to improve I'm starting a-levels next month and I'm very scared because I really want to get into my dream college.
I've chosen Psychology,Sociology and English Literature
I would like some advice. Thank you
The more you become interested in a subject the less of a chore it is to study. Approach your learning like you really want to know, want to develop expertise, and the easier it will stick and stay with you. Go full nerd in other words.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by eatmyspleen
umm well so I'm not a very good student, I get ' B's and I really want to improve I'm starting a-levels next month and I'm very scared because I really want to get into my dream college.

I sat my A-Level sociology exams this summer with AQA, anything you need help with? :smile:
Reply 3
I haven't started school yet so once I do I will let you know - Thank you so much
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I sat my A-Level sociology exams this summer with AQA, anything you need help with? :smile:
Reply 4
I haven't started school yet so once I do I will let you know - Thank you so much

Oh okay. Feel free to tag me when needed. :smile:
Reply 5
thanks I'll keep it in mind. Nerd life begins lol
Original post by BeetRoots
The more you become interested in a subject the less of a chore it is to study. Approach your learning like you really want to know, want to develop expertise, and the easier it will stick and stay with you. Go full nerd in other words.
Reply 6

Ive just finished my A Levels and one of them was psychology, one of the main pieces of advice id give is make sure to use all of your free periods to go over work and do extra reading etc. for GCSE its quite easy to leave revision till exam season and just go over everything then, with a levels it is quite important that you continue to go over everything you have done over the whole of the 2 years as this will help it stay in your head more and it will make revision on the run up to exams easier :smile:
Reply 7
wow thank you so much, I'm sure this will help me out a lot next year
Original post by Zoe_H
Ive just finished my A Levels and one of them was psychology, one of the main pieces of advice id give is make sure to use all of your free periods to go over work and do extra reading etc. for GCSE its quite easy to leave revision till exam season and just go over everything then, with a levels it is quite important that you continue to go over everything you have done over the whole of the 2 years as this will help it stay in your head more and it will make revision on the run up to exams easier :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending