The Student Room Group

I’m in an open relationship AMA

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 9 months and we’ve been in an open relationship for 6 months. AMA
Do you get jealous?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Do you get jealous?

Yeah sometimes, but I know that he can feel the same to. I don't mind feeling like that for the benefits you get overall
Have you both had sex with someone else during the OR?
Did you both mutually want it, or did one person want it more than the other?
Reply 5
Original post by Themysticalegg
Have you both had sex with someone else during the OR?
Did you both mutually want it, or did one person want it more than the other?

1. Yes
2. It happen after we both found out that we had been cheating, but both had still had feelings each other. So we just decided that we would try it out for a month and it worked
Do you not worry about sti/stds?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Do you not worry about sti/stds?

No not massively. We've never had any problem so far. Just have to take precautions like you always do
Who brought up the idea for an open relationship and how did the other react to it? Do you see open relationships as a long time solution?
Reply 9
Original post by wxgmak
Who brought up the idea for an open relationship and how did the other react to it? Do you see open relationships as a long time solution?

It was originally something that my boyfriend brought up, originally as a bit of a joke but I just said yes let’s give it a try. To which he was a bit shocked.

We’ve lasted 6 months longer than we would have without it so why not.
Original post by Asdqwezxc
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 9 months and we’ve been in an open relationship for 6 months. AMA

How has this journey been for you? I personally have had my ups and downs in maintaining a healthy relationship with my wife, her boyfriend Tyrone DaShaquan and her post-op African-American kid.
Reply 11
Personally, you guys are in an open relationship for the wrong reasons. You guys failed to communicate and realise this is what you both wanted "after" cheating on each other. Doesn't that mean you both didn't care about your partner at all during that time?

It would've been a whole different scenario if you guys decided to go with an open relationship and started messing around with others, but before? Yeah, I don't see it working between use two for the long-term.

Btw, it's not a hate post. I think an open relationship is actually a great thing and something that should be looked into more by a lot of people, so good on you guys for that.
Original post by Xarao
Personally, you guys are in an open relationship for the wrong reasons. You guys failed to communicate and realise this is what you both wanted "after" cheating on each other. Doesn't that mean you both didn't care about your partner at all during that time?

It would've been a whole different scenario if you guys decided to go with an open relationship and started messing around with others, but before? Yeah, I don't see it working between use two for the long-term.

Btw, it's not a hate post. I think an open relationship is actually a great thing and something that should be looked into more by a lot of people, so good on you guys for that.

So I recently went to a lunch time session at uni which was focused around open relationships and polyamory. One person said that they ended up in an open relationship because the guy cheated but then they both realised that they had feelings for each other. I want to say that they were together for another couple years afterwards?

I'm of the same opinion of you, I have nothing against open relationships in the slightest, but I know a number of people who have done them because of some initial level of dishonesty which I don't think will work in the long run.

OP, this may not be the case for you btw, I'm not on the attack at all!
Original post by Xarao

yes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending