The Student Room Group

I want to convert to Christianity

Scroll to see replies

how do i come off as desperate, how can you say no one trust me u dont even know me get off my back
Original post by Professional G
LOL, OP do not trust this guy. Actually no body should trust him. Dude, you come off as way too desperate, let OP live their own life.
Original post by Exodus591
i live near manchester, meet up with me i know a few molvi that are genuinely good people and aren't too pushy. ill ask them to introduce u to islam. do not become a christian stay with islam i promise you it is a much better choice. go to pakistan but do not join their army stick to british armed forces instead.also you could try and find good molvi that can teach you and stuff in manchester

OP I know personally and I am in contact with and he is still Muslim atm, just in personal conflict after going through so much and has a very weak Iman.
But you should never ask to meet with someone on a forum especially if you do not know them :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
how do i come off as desperate, how can you say no one trust me u dont even know me get off my back

Yes you sound like you’re way too desolate. Talkaing about a ‘guy’ in Manchester lol. Didn’t your parents tell you not to trust strangers online. Probably some pedo guy. Please don’t try and lure vulnerable kids into your scheme.
LOOL @Exodus591 I should frame this :rofl:
Yes you sound like you’re way too desolate. Talkaing about a ‘guy’ in Manchester lol. Didn’t your parents tell you not to trust strangers online. Probably some pedo guy. Please don’t try and lure vulnerable kids into your scheme.
Original post by -Quava-
LOOL @Exodus591 I should frame this :rofl:

I have nothing against the guy but he seems to dislike the UK and comes off as a bit too eager. Plus trying to recommend some random guy in Manchester lmao
i was only trying to help another person.. stop stalking me around tsr u pedo
i never once stated i 'dislike the uk' and i was only trying to help. its a shame u have a problem with that
I have nothing against the guy but he seems to dislike the UK and comes off as a bit too eager. Plus trying to recommend some random guy in Manchester lmao
Can we actually keep this thread clean from arguments?

i never once stated i 'dislike the uk' and i was only trying to help. its a shame u have a problem with that

Chill, dude. No need to try and pick a fight in the early morning. I’m just not comfortable with recommending strangers as ‘advice’. This is a clean thread and shouldn’t be off topic. Plus no need for insults.
Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Trust in him and you’ll be safe. Join a church, holy trinity Platt in Manchester is good, or st Clements in openshaw. Get to know other Christians and Read the bible. Jesus died for your sins if you trust in him you’ll live forever. God bless. Praying for you.
thats fine i wasnt picking a fight u came out of the blue insulting me on another thread, but from now on i will not recommend strangers to ppl on tsr
Chill, dude. No need to try and pick a fight in the early morning. I’m just not comfortable with recommending strangers as ‘advice’. This is a clean thread and shouldn’t be off topic. Plus no need for insults.
Jesus is the way the truth the life. He died for your sins to set you free from the fear of death and hell. Follow him and you’ll be safe. I’d recommend joining a church like holy trinity Platt in Manchester or st Clements openshaw. You can explore the Christian faith and meet Jesus by reading his word in the Bible. Praying for you. God bless.
Original post by SlipperyWizard
Sorry in advance if this gets too long, currently 1am in the morning & my brain won’t shut off, so here we go I guess; I’m a 15 year old British Muslim born in Sheffield, my late mother was also a Muslim, born in Lahore, Pakistan, unfortunately she passed away when I was 13. My father was an atheist, but converted to Islam to be with my mother, unfortunately he too died when I was 8 years old, fighting in Afghanistan (operation Herrick) he was one of the many Royal Marines sent there for Aid, I now live with my mothers side of the family, as nobody knows anything about my dads side of the family and nobody’s ever met my dads parents or siblings if he even has any 🤷*♂️, What I really wanted to say today was that, I’ve been through hell for most of my life , moving from here to there, getting involved with drugs, alcohol & gangs, but not so long ago my cousin & her husband took me in (which I highly appreciate) and moved to Manchester, I’ve had a lot of time to think & ultimately, I started wondering if Islam is really what I believe in and what my parents would think if i decided otherwise, but I’ve decided that, really, it’s my life & i want to live it to its fullest and believe what I have faith in, I’ve read a lot about Christianity, I secretly went to church to see what it’s like, I cannot express in words what I felt the first time I prayed to god in church, i suddenly felt a strong bond, almost like a connection. From that moment onwards I knew I wanted to be a Christian, it all just makes sense to me, and I believe Jesus Christ guided me to him, and showed me the light. Now this all may sound very wonderful and glorious, but now the only problem I face is telling my auntie and my cousin, which are all very very religious Muslims, and always tell me stuff like ‘when you grow up we will take you to umra, then we will move back to our home country (Pakistan)’ I always get uncomfortable and anxious when they say that, as frankly I really do not want to move to Pakistan, like ever, I was born on British soil & I hope to die on british soil, but I just don’t have enough courage to say that to them, never mind tell them that I no longer want to follow Islam, I couldn’t bare to think what their reaction would be 😬 I honestly don’t know what to do ... don’t know if this would help but I’m thinking of joining the royal marine commandos as soon as I turn 18, I’m already physically fit & my mind has been through enough to have the ‘state of mind’, I tried talking to my cousin about this and she Freaked out, saying stuff like she will never let me end up like my farther, and that if I am going to join she will never let me join the British armed forces, she will only let me join the Pakistani armed forces, why on earth would I spend all my life in britain, then decide to fight for a completely different country ? That makes

no sense to me. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Thomas.
Unlike other religious threads, this one has to be the most successful although there being a small kick-offs.
The amount of lovely messages left here by Christians and Muslims is beautiful. <3
thats fine i wasnt picking a fight u came out of the blue insulting me on another thread, but from now on i will not recommend strangers to ppl on tsr

Good, I don’t care what your advice is but recommending strangers for people comes off as mega shady. I wasn’t insulting you, just being a tad passively aggressive. Sorry if I came off to rough
na its alr8 no worries i wont like i said i wont reccommend strangers to ppl on tsr. no hard feelings as least we practiced out keyboard warrior skills xd
Good, I don’t care what your advice is but recommending strangers for people comes off as mega shady. I wasn’t insulting you, just being a tad passively aggressive. Sorry if I came off to rough
Original post by Acsharp
Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Trust in him and you’ll be safe. Join a church, holy trinity Platt in Manchester is good, or st Clements in openshaw. Get to know other Christians and Read the bible. Jesus died for your sins if you trust in him you’ll live forever. God bless. Praying for you.

What is it with Manchester recently?

xxIaiIa03xx
It is the same God. Allah sent down the Bible, the Torah, the Zabur and the Quran.

My evidence is in the Quran which I believe is all true, if you don't that's not relevant here now is it :wink:

No, it isn't the same god and I have provided more than enough theological evidence proving this. It's not my problem you don't want to accept it. The Quran's own theology proves the gods are different as Allah demands and expects different things than Yahweh, as well as the paths to heaven being very different. They're different deities, whether you like it or not.

Didn't mysteriously disappear. Look at the Old Testament. Very similar to the Quran.

You said Christianity contained the same as Islam before it was corrupted, yet that simply isn't true. The Old Testament has never contained all the same doctrine as Islam which then later vanished. That's something you've completely invented.

Maybe I misinterpreted what you said plant man, but you can't blame me. You're the one who gave me that impresssion.

Not maybe, you definitely misinterpreted, Zayn. Of course I can blame you, I at no point gave you any wrong impression, it was you who decided to quote me and bring up something that hadn't even occurred in that discussion. The fault was yours and yours alone.

But it doesn't say anything wrong.

Yes, it does. It says man is made from clay. We're not made from clay, ergo the Quran is wrong and Islam is false. And I provided a small selection of other demonstrably incorrect passages. The Quran wasn't authored by an all-knowing deity, deal with it.

Also please try and understand this concept
Let's say Islam is the correct religion right and Allah is our superior?
Well, wouldn't it make sense to punish the people who went against Him? As unjust as it may sound to you. If Allah is our superior then we must obey him, if we do not we will get punished. Call it harsh, but Allah did not have to create you, this life is just a test. Your opinion btw is irrelevant here also, just try and understand this concept without putting in your own views for once.

No, this whole punishment thing merely reinforces the contradictions surrounding the concept of Allah. If he needs nothing and is not affected by anything we do, then why would he feel the need to punish? You'd only punish if you can get offended and if you feel you've been slighted, damaged and attacked in some way, which you would say is impossible for Allah. And an infinite punishment is not appropriate for a finite crime, making Allah's actions the epitome of injustice.

This life isn't a test, it is logically impossible for an all-knowing being to conduct tests, once again highlighting a fatal flaw in the concept of Allah and proving he doesn't exist.

Also you love to say how an all knowing deity can not perform tests, don't you?

Exactly, it's logically impossible.

The idea is not that you will be tested and Allah will not know the outcome.

Then it isn't a test, simple. You can't change the definition of words to suit your argument. A test is inherently dependent on the examiner not knowing the outcome ahead of time.

If Allah yeeted you into hell, you'd say 'you never gave me a chance to prove I would obey or not'.

As explained, as Allah knows all actions in advance, it is impossible to prove anything to him, as proving yourself implies you were able to change or behave in a way that was surprising or unexpected to him. This isn't possible. Moreover, I would have words to say to Allah for whatever reason he chose to throw me into hell. You seriously think anyone would gladly accept walking into eternal torture and pain just because they think they had a fair chance to prove themselves? You're deluded if you think so.

The test is for you prove what choices you will make in Dunya.

And as mentioned, it is impossible for an all-knowing god to conduct tests, which is another doctrinal flaw that proves Allah doesn't exist.

Allah gave you Dunya as your heaven whilst making it the believers 'hell' let's say. Then you will go to Hell and we (may) go to Heaven. If we are wrong in the end, at least we know we lived a good life here on Earth.

No evidence for any of this. And how exactly is the Earth "heaven" for the millions or billions of non-Muslims who live in utter poverty and destitution?

We are told to leave the disbelievers alone, I already gave you that line.

A command you don't seem to be obeying :wink:

I remember you saying you find all religions disgusting but I may be wrong (although it really does sound like something you'd say)

You can say it sounds like something I'd say all you like, but unless you can prove it then we must accept your memory has failed you or you're lying. I know myself better than you ever will and it does not in fact sound like something I'd say.

No one stops you from converting but yourself. If Allah saw any good in you, He would guide you to the correct path.

Wrong. The Quran contains passages saying that Allah sets seals on people's hearts, clearly suggesting he is directly responsible for people not being able to convert. Any good or lack thereof in me has been placed there directly by Allah, so it again all stems from him and his decisions.

Nah at least I changed something around, you know, added an extra word in there, shortened another. You just used the first name of my old profile picture. I was more creative than you

Nope, you shortened a name and added my sex, nothing at all creative about that, Zayn :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
OP said he lives in Manchester :h:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What is it with Manchester recently?
Original post by perry2019
Religion is a whole pile of crap. Imagine wasting your life devoting it to a fairy tale. Think of all the time you waste going to the mosque/praying/fasting etc all because of a fictional story created thousands of years ago to control the human population. What a waste of time.

not ur problem rite?
LOOL I couldn't care less what you think :lol:
Original post by perry2019
Religion is a whole pile of crap. Imagine wasting your life devoting it to a fairy tale. Think of all the time you waste going to the mosque/praying/fasting etc all because of a fictional story created thousands of years ago to control the human population. What a waste of time.
Original post by -Quava-
Unlike other religious threads, this one has to be the most successful although there being a small kick-offs.
The amount of lovely messages left here by Christians and Muslims is beautiful. <3

Yet you believe those Christians will be going to hell because they don't follow Islam? That's what the Quran says anyway. :rolleyes:

Both Christians and Muslims are both as mentally ill as each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending