The Student Room Group

English Language Meanings and Representations

Hi!

So i’ve just done a mock in English Language and my result was an E and i have to resit in September, but the teacher explained to me what brought my grade down and it was Meanings and Representations. So I was wondering how do i study that topic other and practicing doing past papers?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Is this for A Level?
Yes, sorry. I forgot to mention that. Just finished year 12 as well :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LittleLily32
Yes, sorry. I forgot to mention that. Just finished year 12 as well :smile:

I assume you're with AQA. If so, the part of the course you're referring to is 'Texts and Representations' (Section A of the first paper). With the assumption that you're with AQA, this suggests that you may not completely know your course! I'd recommend going over the syllabus, mark schemes and examiner reports to see what is expected of you.

You probably want to revise your knowledge of the language frameworks (the smaller language framework and the larger language framework). I also recommend practising with different forms of language. You may have a poster, a magazine article, a poem, you name it!

PM me so we can talk about this further if you want.
Yes I am with AQA and we have looked over the papers and seen the basic mark scheme in class. We’ve done everything for it. I just can’t seem to get the hang of it. I’ll try what you’ve suggested.
Reply 5
Original post by LittleLily32
Yes I am with AQA and we have looked over the papers and seen the basic mark scheme in class. We’ve done everything for it. I just can’t seem to get the hang of it. I’ll try what you’ve suggested.

That's good. Examiner reports usually cover common pitfalls. Everything I've said will help. I haven't touched this in a while, but I've been reasonably successful in the past.

If you're struggling, I have a few resources that could help you. I achieved an A in my end-of-year examinations and am predicted an A* in this subject. :smile:

Also, as a word of advice, you should quote my responses when replying. While I do try and make sure I can help, others may not be bothered to go and re-check threads (and they have no reason to do so anyway, as most assume that you haven't actually replied because it doesn't register on their notifications), so you may never actually get the help you may seek.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending