The Student Room Group

muslim girls would you date a secular boy?

Scroll to see replies

yeah i've seen guys to do this too
Original post by Anonymous
Some would in secret, they aren't allowed to date.
A true pious Muslim girl most likely would not and should not go for a secular boy, because she would want that her future husband is pious and religious too. Faith would mean a lot to her.

As others have said, dating is not allowed. She should not be completely alone with you before marriage.

If you are Christian, why not go for religious Christian women? They value family and commitment too. I see many on youtube. They also save themselves before marriage and respect their husband and focus on raising their children. All religious people do, I guess.
I hope this is not an attempt to just trap gullible, teenage, Muslim girls on here. It is better to just stay away, because that kind of relationship is short lived and damaging. Waste of time.

Instead of looking for Muslim girls, what I think would be best is, that you generally date women who you like and think are modest. There are different types of women and I am sure there are women who are modest too, but maybe TSR is not the best place to find your girl.

I am not a Christian, I was raised as one but don't believe in God anymore. I am not looking to date on TSR I thought it would be very informative to ask and it was.

It's disgusting to think Im looking to trap someone when I explicitly said I am a nonbeliever and wouldnt convert as I dont believe in the supernatural.
Yes I am just gonna have to go through hell again. You guys make it sound like conservative women are everywhere but I have been dating for 7 years and they are really not that plentiful. That is a different topic tho I think this thread has outlived its usefulness and now its just people calling me names.

Don't take it personally, this is social media.
There are many socially conservative women of all backgrounds, you just have to find them and make yourself attractive to them.

Many religious traditionalists of every religion like to believe that they alone have a monopoly on religion and then get angry when they encounter people of the same religion with an alternative viewpoint.
My mother's family behave in exactly the same way about catholicism, whilst my best friends family are always welcoming of other people and other interpretations of religion.
Another thing that just came to my mind and might solve your dilemma:
I do not think it is ideal for you -given the values you have stated- that you date/marry a Muslim, who is gonna go against her religion and family to be with you. Why?
If she can ignore the supposedly most important part of her life i.e. her faith and family, what guarantee is there that she will stick to you.
I've heard too many stories from teenage Muslim girls on TSR... :moon:

PRSOM whoever you are :h:
A true pious Muslim girl most likely would not and should not go for a secular boy, because she would want that her future husband is pious and religious too. Faith would mean a lot to her.

As others have said, dating is not allowed. She should not be completely alone with you before marriage.

If you are Christian, why not go for religious Christian women? They value family and commitment too. I see many on youtube. They also save themselves before marriage and respect their husband and focus on raising their children. All religious people do, I guess.
I hope this is not an attempt to just trap gullible, teenage, Muslim girls on here. It is better to just stay away, because that kind of relationship is short lived and damaging. Waste of time.

Instead of looking for Muslim girls, what I think would be best is, that you generally date women who you like and think are modest. There are different types of women and I am sure there are women who are modest too, but maybe TSR is not the best place to find your girl.
You'd only really get the most half arsed barely practicing Muslims, or else secular girls with Muslim families. Most interpretations hold that they're not allowed to even date as such, and if you manage to skip that hurdle you might have sticking points in other places - some view music as haraam and most don't drink, which is a pretty dire combo if you wanna take your bird to a house party to introduce her to your mates. There's also the no pre-marital sex thing which might be a pain if sex is important to you. In the long term most would also outright refuse to marry you unless you converted.

In a university setting or some such similar like you do tend to find extremely impious ones in these sorts of regards so in theory you might strike lucky. I suppose it depends on whether you're looking for a fully practising Muslim or just an Asian looking chick in a hijab.
This thread shattered my dreams. I love muslim girls because they are modest and value commitment so much...

If those are the main values you're after, you might have decent luck in protestant church congregations - same basic values run through to an extent but without all the added problematic barriers.
Another thing that just came to my mind and might solve your dilemma:
I do not think it is ideal for you -given the values you have stated- that you date/marry a Muslim, who is gonna go against her religion and family to be with you. Why?
If she can ignore the supposedly most important part of her life i.e. her faith and family, what guarantee is there that she will stick to you.

As I said so many times before, I do not want that. If a girl isn't true to her religion, it will mean she is unlikely to be true to me. Do let me know where I said I would want to marry such a person!
:giggle:
Original post by -Quava-

Original post by -Quava-

You heard stories of Muslim girls responding to a guy's thread and then being trapped into marrying them when he said hes a nonbeliever and wouldnt convert nor would he date a superficial religious person who went against their religious beliefs and family wishes?

I'd rather the mods locked this thread pls.
... oh, I thought it was my future husband. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by HumbleBee_x
:giggle:
All the posters are doing is responding to your thread and voicing their opinions... :colonhash:
Sorry you can't handle that. You shouldn't make threads if you don't want them to actually work.
You heard stories of Muslim girls responding to a guy's thread and then being trapped into marrying them when he said hes a nonbeliever and wouldnt convert nor would he date a superficial religious person who went against their religious beliefs and family wishes?

I'd rather the mods locked this thread pls.
As I said so many times before, I do not want that. If a girl isn't true to her religion, it will mean she is unlikely to be true to me. Do let me know where I said I would want to marry such a person!

If this is the case, then no. Most Muslim girls who "stay true to their religion" are going to avoid secular boys like the plague.
Original post by -Quava-
All the posters are doing is responding to your thread and voicing their opinions... :colonhash:
Sorry you can't handle that. You shouldn't make threads if you don't want them to actually work.

Posters who havent read my thread. I have said Im not a Christian, they didnt read it because they dont read the thread. They have and u have ur own agenda that u project on to me. Read first then accuse me of anything u want. Thx.
Mine:whip:

Spoiler

Original post by -Quava-
... oh, I thought it was my future husband. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Retired_Messiah
If this is the case, then no. Most Muslim girls who "stay true to their religion" are going to avoid secular boys like the plague.

Yes, I got that.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
then why are we... hm

I dunno people keep replying I even urged the mods to lock it so I dont give the impression im looking to date anyone here or want anyone to betray their religion for me.
we're like :
Attachment not found

The we have people like OP like:
Attachment not found

@-Quava- :rofl:

Spoiler

Gifs don't work :yawn:
(edited 4 years ago)
LOOL :rofl:
They work when you quote your message.:biggrin:
Original post by HumbleBee_x
we're like :
Attachment not found

The we have people like OP like:
Attachment not found

@-Quava- :rofl:

Spoiler

Gifs don't work :yawn:
Goodness, I don't need that. :hide:
Original post by londonmyst
I hope you never come to London and meet the feminist activist Sarah Maple or her mother. :biggrin:
Mrs Maple is quite strict about islam and Sarah is an absolute menace to most people's eardrums (sanity too).
Original post by -Quava-
Goodness, I don't need that. :hide:

Nor does London.
They are both terrifying.
I'm all out of hiding places. :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending