The Student Room Group

School policy on Spare clothes

Does your school have a policy of keeping spare uniforms for in case people have an accident of any kind, Need to borrow for not having the right type of clothes on or ripping tights etc. Has anyone ever had to borrow clothes from school and take them back? If so why? Also what is the policy on it?I had to on the 2nd to last day of term due to an accident I had, ripping my clothes falling down (i'm ok now) everyone said I should have been asked to get sent home, but I was grateful to have spares to borrow. Do you agree that its not disgusting as some people said to borrow spare tights etc in this instance?
If anyone sees this can you let me know as i'm not sure if i made it visible as new?
Original post by indiananebraska
If anyone sees this can you let me know as i'm not sure if i made it visible as new?

Yes it can be seen
Does your school have a policy of keeping spare uniforms for in case people have an accident of any kind, Need to borrow for not having the right type of clothes on or ripping tights etc. Has anyone ever had to borrow clothes from school and take them back? If so why? Also what is the policy on it?I had to on the 2nd to last day of term due to an accident I had, ripping my clothes falling down (i'm ok now) everyone said I should have been asked to get sent home, but I was grateful to have spares to borrow. Do you agree that its not disgusting as some people said to borrow spare tights etc in this instance?

Yes, my school has some spare school PE kits that you would have to wear, unless you have your own on you. I think it is possible you can get the school to call your parents to bring in some school uniform.

luckily I have never had to borrow clothes, and from a hygiene point of view I would try and refuse. Are they even washed?, probably not. It is only disgusting, as schools probably don't bother to wash them.

In primary school, I once remember slightly spitting my trousers, to fix it I just sat in a position all afternoon so that no one could see, as I didn't want to wear the disgusting spare uniform.
This is actually very normal at most schools. Not just for those who have 'accidents' but for families in need. Most schools will keep a stash of spare uniform somewhere. And yes, of course its are clean and washed - do you really think the school would let you have them if they weren't.
Original post by returnmigrant
This is actually very normal at most schools. Not just for those who have 'accidents' but for families in need. Most schools will keep a stash of spare uniform somewhere. And yes, of course its are clean and washed - do you really think the school would let you have them if they weren't.

cleaned properly and thoroughly, also some children are so grubby (I know there are sometimes good reasons) particularly in primary schools, the clothes might need washing more than once. I really hate germs and take hygiene seriously in case you haven't noticed.
Yes, I mean more like for example I ripped my tights and skirt etc so the school gave me spare tights and a skirt from their supplies, I was grateful to have been given spares to change into as it happened early in the day.

Anyone else ever had to borrow school clothes as my schools policy was wash and return them, What was yours, and did you find it disgusting wearing them or not?
My school aren't too harsh and the policy isn't strict at all, because they can afford to buy spare clothes regularly

Anyone else ever had to borrow school clothes as my schools policy was wash and return them, What was yours, and did you find it disgusting wearing them or not?
In what ways are they not harsh?
Original post by SlightlySummer
My school aren't too harsh and the policy isn't strict at all, because they can afford to buy spare clothes regularly
Like if someone forgets their PE top, the teachers may let us wear our own plain top (depends on the teacher really), and some people forget to return spares so they just throw it away
In what ways are they not harsh?
what about actual uniform not pe kits?
Original post by SlightlySummer
Like if someone forgets their PE top, the teachers may let us wear our own plain top (depends on the teacher really), and some people forget to return spares so they just throw it away
Oh then the office that deals with that takes like ur phone or keys so you have to return the thing
what about actual uniform not pe kits?
Does no one have any other stories?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending