The Student Room Group

Swollen Lymph Node behind ear and spot

Hi,

I have swollen lymph node behind my ear plus a spot under the skin behind my ear on the bone. I had this for about a month or so now, I saw a GP about it 1 week into this and he said it was an ear infection. I still have the swollen nodes and spot under skin.

What is it?
I am booked in the GP on the 6th.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I have swollen lymph node behind my ear plus a spot under the skin behind my ear on the bone. I had this for about a month or so now, I saw a GP about it 1 week into this and he said it was an ear infection. I still have the swollen nodes and spot under skin.

What is it?
I am booked in the GP on the 6th.

What makes you think it is not an ear infection like your GP said?
Reply 2
I had it for almost 1 and a half months now.
Original post by black tea
What makes you think it is not an ear infection like your GP said?
Original post by Anonymous
I had it for almost 1 and a half months now.

Well if it wasn't treated, that's not surprising
Reply 4
Mrsa presents itself as puss filled boil / spots and lymph nodes would be up
Original post by Matstu77
Mrsa presents itself as puss filled boil / spots and lymph nodes would be up

MRSA is a bug that lives on the skin and causes no problems for the vast majority of people.
Reply 6
Yes I know this, I have spent many years involved in the treatment of mrsa in animals. However, it can show as a boil and if the person becomes colonised then it can turn into an infection
have you got any other cold/flu symptoms? such as a sore throat, fatigue, headache, cough etc when i’m i’ll my lymph nodes are also swollen and this happens when i get ear infections (which is often !) might just be due to the ear infection hope you get better soon !

Quick Reply

Latest