The Student Room Group

University choices and work in London

I have applied for Middlesex and Uclan university for IT please suggest me which one to choose between this and where can I get job easily of minimum 8 hr a day and where is the low living cost as I m Nepali please help me
Hi Prabin,

It's great to hear you've applied for UCLan! Many students choose to work part time whilst living in Preston, our Students' Union is a great place to start when looking for work, they offer jobs on and around campus. You can find out more from them here: https://www.uclansu.co.uk/

Preston has often been named as "The cheapest university city in the UK" - you can find out more here: https://thetab.com/uk/uclan/2015/10/05/preston-cheapest-student-city-uk-1190

Hope this helps!
Ryan (Official Rep)
Reply 2
Thank you so much and can you suggest me that can I work and pay for fooding,rent and university fee
Reply 3
What kind of job can I get around the area and how much hour I can work per week and if I have classes 4 days per week and I have 2 days free per week can I work as much as possible on those days and yearly I have 4 month leave on those months can I work as much as possible and can I easily pay for fooding, university,rent, transportation fee by working myself and how much can I earn nearly in a month sir please help me I m in delima
Original post by Prabin shah
What kind of job can I get around the area and how much hour I can work per week and if I have classes 4 days per week and I have 2 days free per week can I work as much as possible on those days and yearly I have 4 month leave on those months can I work as much as possible and can I easily pay for fooding, university,rent, transportation fee by working myself and how much can I earn nearly in a month sir please help me I m in delima

Hi, I don’t attend UCLAN but I know it’s incredibly expensive to live in London and especially if you’re going to pay for everything (food, accommodation and university fee’s) all by yourself. If you plan to get a job to pay for everything, then how much you work and how much you earn will depend on the job you get. The minimum wages in London depends on your age and your location of work, for example, you would earn more if you work in central London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending