The Student Room Group

Will i get into uni with A*A*B predictions?

I'm applying for maths and econ at unis that want a baseline of an A (UCL, KCL, LSE, QM) and only one that wants ABC. Is it risky to do this or would A*A*B be an acceptable equivalent to A*AA or AAA?
Original post by Olvia
I'm applying for maths and econ at unis that want a baseline of an A (UCL, KCL, LSE, QM) and only one that wants ABC. Is it risky to do this or would A*A*B be an acceptable equivalent to A*AA or AAA?

It isnt equivalent and it is risky, These universities will have loads who meet and exceed their offers so probably wont accept you other than Queen Mary. The one issue that might be of help is that Kings isnt particularly competitive for Maths so that may work in your favour.
Original post by Olvia

A*A*B is usually only seen as equivalent to A*A*B by universities, even though it is equivalent to A*AA in terms of UCAS points. I'd highly recommend pushing for that B to be upped to an A if at all possible, or you'll just have to apply to lower ranked unis (highest requirement you'll be able to meet will probably be AAB, since A*A*B offers are rare)
Reply 3
Original post by Nerdonymous
A*A*B is usually only seen as equivalent to A*A*B by universities, even though it is equivalent to A*AA in terms of UCAS points. I'd highly recommend pushing for that B to be upped to an A if at all possible, or you'll just have to apply to lower ranked unis (highest requirement you'll be able to meet will probably be AAB, since A*A*B offers are rare)

My school is very stubborn with raising predicted grades but i do have a finance qualification, so could that make me be considered for a contextual offer?
(Original post by Olvia)My school is very stubborn with raising predicted grades but i do have a finance qualification, so could that make me be considered for a contextual offer?

You would have to contact the universities but I doubt it. The universities you are looking at are massively oversubscribed with students who meet the grades due to being in London. It doesnt appear hopeful but only they can tell you. All top London universities tend to be really strict due the number of students particularly overseas applying there. Have a look at universities outside London
Original post by Olvia

Nothing wrong with a couple of aspirational choices but t shouldn’t form the majority of your application the wisdom says.
2 aspirational choices.
2 realistic
1 safety
that might accept A*A*B but don’t pin all your hopes on them and please make sure you like both your firm and insurance when the time comes so many people don’t location location location is a real thing make sure you like both the university and the town.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending