The Student Room Group

Advice on putting online gambling companies I've worked for on a CV.

Hi all.

Wasn't sure where to put this thread, but getting straight on to my original question

I'm currently 17 years old, 18 in September and have worked for a few gambling companies online as an admin, support operator and general moderation. I'm looking to apply for an apprenticeship in the customer service area/IT sector, would the companies question that I've worked for gambling sites or care at all if I was to put this on my CV as I'm under 18 or am I just over thinking this?

I feel it would be beneficial as I haven't had a job in the real world yet & the only work experience I have is at a Lloyds Bank call centre so this would give me something to put down & more experience?

Would love to get some advice on this.
Original post by StevenW16
Hi all.

Wasn't sure where to put this thread, but getting straight on to my original question

I'm currently 17 years old, 18 in September and have worked for a few gambling companies online as an admin, support operator and general moderation. I'm looking to apply for an apprenticeship in the customer service area/IT sector, would the companies question that I've worked for gambling sites or care at all if I was to put this on my CV as I'm under 18 or am I just over thinking this?

I feel it would be beneficial as I haven't had a job in the real world yet & the only work experience I have is at a Lloyds Bank call centre so this would give me something to put down & more experience?

It's fine - presumably the only thing that indicates it is a gambling company is its name, if it's a high street store. In which case, it might offend a very, very small proportion of employers, but really not that many. Focus on demonstrating relevant skills.

There's a CV Help forum you can get more specific help on, look at the menu at the top of the page.
Original post by StevenW16
Hi all.

Id still put it on. At least its a job. And you can talk about skills you gained from it.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice all, will definitely put my experience on my job application for future jobs I apply for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending