The Student Room Group

Re-sitting A levels 2019 at home

I have not yet received my A level results but I know I wasn’t able to put in all my effort throughout sixth form so I am considering taking a gap year to re take some of my A levels and I know some people do it at their sixth form or online but I was wondering couldn’t I study for it myself at home, since I know what I’m doing now and then just apply for the actual exams in June. I do not want to go back to the everyday life of sixth form with the younger years and doing it online costs about £700. Anyone know what other options I have?
Original post by Kvib1
I have not yet received my A level results but I know I wasn’t able to put in all my effort throughout sixth form so I am considering taking a gap year to re take some of my A levels and I know some people do it at their sixth form or online but I was wondering couldn’t I study for it myself at home, since I know what I’m doing now and then just apply for the actual exams in June. I do not want to go back to the everyday life of sixth form with the younger years and doing it online costs about £700. Anyone know what other options I have?

It is unlikely a sixth form would take you back for year 14 unless they can get funding.
Yes just teach yourself.
The main cost will be the exam and centre fees, so about £250-450 per subject and you will need to check you have dealt with any other issues such as practical endorsement, orals/ aurals and NEA.
Reply 2
Thank you for your help.The subjects I will most likely be retaking will be sociology and politics so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Hi,
Really hope you got the grades you needed.
If you didn't, NEC can get you over the line. Yes, fees are about £700, plus exams, but you will get a fresh look at your subject and expert tutorial help. We do the AQA Sociology and Edexcel Politics. Call us on 0800 3892839 for a chat.
Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest