The Student Room Group

Friends are too busy

Hi everyone!
I’ve never posted my own thread on here before.
So it’s currently the summer after GCSEs for me and I thought it would be awesome,I looked forward to it for soo long but now that it’s here my friends and I never hang out.
I’m constantly texting them trying to make plans but either a)they are busy with family which I get but come on we had three months surely they have one day for me?
B)they say they aren’t sure when they are free and just never get back to me
C)never bother to actually text me first and ask to hang out with me
If we do end up making plans I feel as if I’m being too needy or like I’ve forced them to be there.
Throughout the year I was close to all my friends and we did hang out form time to time so I’m not sure what it is.But then I guess they’ve never been the best at making plans and they are usually the last minute type.
I know I can make new friends in sixth form and stuff and especially if I get a job but at the moment I’ve been feeling really lonely and bored and feel like I haven’t really got anyone to talk to.
Thank you for reading this and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Ishouldrevise123
Hi everyone!
I’ve never posted my own thread on here before.
So it’s currently the summer after GCSEs for me and I thought it would be awesome,I looked forward to it for soo long but now that it’s here my friends and I never hang out.
I’m constantly texting them trying to make plans but either a)they are busy with family which I get but come on we had three months surely they have one day for me?
B)they say they aren’t sure when they are free and just never get back to me
C)never bother to actually text me first and ask to hang out with me
If we do end up making plans I feel as if I’m being too needy or like I’ve forced them to be there.
Throughout the year I was close to all my friends and we did hang out form time to time so I’m not sure what it is.But then I guess they’ve never been the best at making plans and they are usually the last minute type.
I know I can make new friends in sixth form and stuff and especially if I get a job but at the moment I’ve been feeling really lonely and bored and feel like I haven’t really got anyone to talk to.
Thank you for reading this and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's a difficult one. It is good to be able to enjoy your own company as unfortunately friends, family and people in general will let you down at times, but obviously that can lead to isolation. My uni friends are often like that too, a little cold during holidays. I found that especially during my placement year, which I have just finished. It has been hard to get in touch with my friends/colleagues again. Work ones have exams and uni ones are either moving on to grad jobs or just haven't bothered replying.

Maybe just explain to them how you are feeling? I they are genuinely your friends they should understand. Try and arrange some outings with your family, and do some volunteering, work shadowing etc? Chances are , it'll be hard to do loads of extra stuff once sixth form starts.

Hope that helps.
*i kinda meant one or two friends anyway.Trying to get more than one friend to hang out at a time is a whole other story 😂
I appreciate the advice but in terms of how brave I am to do that the answer is not at all-I don’t think I’ve ever even been to an after school club purely because I was too scared of being judged.This is a little off topic but do you know if there are opportunities such as social clubs etc in most sixth forms?
Original post by Ishouldrevise123
I appreciate the advice but in terms of how brave I am to do that the answer is not at all-I don’t think I’ve ever even been to an after school club purely because I was too scared of being judged.This is a little off topic but do you know if there are opportunities such as social clubs etc in most sixth forms?

Almost certainly! my sixth form made it mandatory to attend some sort of extracurricular activity. I even tried knitting for a while!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending