The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by gossipboy23
what type of interviews do these unis have???????????? like a panel interview or a one to one interview?

One to one
Original post by Gurdeepthelegend
What were your predicted grades if you don’t mind me asking?

AAB
Has anyone received any offers with the predicted grades ABB?
Original post by saarah432
The Manchester interview is very well organised and its a really fun day out. You get asked the simple questions like Why optom, why manchester and it'll be based on your personal statement. My interviewer had mine highlighted.
In terms of the interview day itself, we simply go in and get separated into groups where third and second year students lead the group. We got a talk from the head of Optometry who explains the course, got a tour of the university and the Optometry building. Got shown some clinical parts of Optometry like the slit lamp etc and it’s honestly so helpful and I think it just helps you decide if Optometry is a good choice for you.

wow thank u! so worried, still haven’t got any offers back as i just sent it off but hoping for an interview from manchester, what were your predicted grades if u don’t mind me asking? also do they give you an offer after the interview or do you have to wait a couple of days?
Original post by anonymousyouth
wow thank u! so worried, still haven’t got any offers back as i just sent it off but hoping for an interview from manchester, what were your predicted grades if u don’t mind me asking? also do they give you an offer after the interview or do you have to wait a couple of days?

ok update, got offers from bradford and city university of london they were so quick!!
ok update, got offers from bradford and city university of london they were so quick!!

Congratulations!! That’s amazing, if you don’t mind me asking what are your stats ?

Aww congratulations on your offers, i was predicted 3 A* and already had done an Alevel in my high school and got an A. But i know people who were accepted with predicted grades of AAB.

That’s great! What were your subjects?
I haven’t got an offer from Bradford yet, but I think it’s because I don’t have biology.
Original post by Sxp_2002
Congratulations!! That’s amazing, if you don’t mind me asking what are your stats ?

thank you! and by stats what do you mean specifically?
Original post by saarah432
Aww congratulations on your offers, i was predicted 3 A* and already had done an Alevel in my high school and got an A. But i know people who were accepted with predicted grades of AAB.

congratulations! got an interview for manchester too but i don’t know if i can go as it’s during the week :/
thank you! and by stats what do you mean specifically?

Your GCSEs and predicted if you don’t mind me asking!
Original post by Dancer2001
That’s great! What were your subjects?
I haven’t got an offer from Bradford yet, but I think it’s because I don’t have biology.

thank you! my subjects are bio, chem and business
what are your subjects?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sxp_2002
Your GCSEs and predicted if you don’t mind me asking!

:smile:)
(edited 4 years ago)
thank you! my subjects are bio, chem and history
what are your subjects?

Maths, further maths and chemistry. I was predicted an A in chemistry and got an A* in maths last year. I have relevant work experience so the only reason I can think of for not having an offer is biology.
Maths, further maths and chemistry. I was predicted an A in chemistry and got an A* in maths last year. I have relevant work experience so the only reason I can think of for not having an offer is biology.

wow, that’s really good !

i think you should wait a bit tbh, i’m pretty sure maths is classified as a science and isn’t the requirement 2 sciences?
Reply 95
me

Most universities I’ve seen have requirements of two sciences from biology, maths, physics and chemistry. You’ve got maths and chemistry, so I’m sure that’s fine!
Has anyone applied with predicted grades of ABB?
Don’t do it!

#boredOptom
Original post by Bushbaby1888
Don’t do it!

#boredOptom

Why’s that? What’s your experience been so far?

Latest