The Student Room Group

Help! Rejected from Medicine

Hi,
I applied for foundation Medicine and got the offer however I didn't make the grades. I am now considering retaking A-Levels and I'm searching the unis that will accept retakes for Med. However those unis mainly only mention retaking generally and ask for AAA or A*AA. Is there anyway to be considered for foundation Med (asking for lower grades) after retaking??
I would really appreciate some advice on this!
Thanks.
Original post by idontknow786
Hi,
I applied for foundation Medicine and got the offer however I didn't make the grades. I am now considering retaking A-Levels and I'm searching the unis that will accept retakes for Med. However those unis mainly only mention retaking generally and ask for AAA or A*AA. Is there anyway to be considered for foundation Med (asking for lower grades) after retaking??
Thanks.

Moved to Medicine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by idontknow786
Hi,
Thanks.

If you meet the widening access flags, most med schools will lower your grade for standard entry medicine to virtually that of the Foundation Courses anyway (usually by 2 grades). I do not know if those specific courses accept resits, email them and ask
Original post by GANFYD
If you meet the widening access flags, most med schools will lower your grade for standard entry medicine to virtually that of the Foundation Courses anyway (usually by 2 grades). I do not know if those specific courses accept resits, email them and ask

Yeah I was thinking about this as well, will email and check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending