The Student Room Group

Choosing my University and Course

Bye
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jayesh Singh
Dear all,

I am an international student from India living in Edinburgh Scotland. I have just completed my Advanced Highers and am confused about my university choices.

I have received a confirmed offer from King’s College London for Biomedical Sciences.
However, I am keen to pursue medicine. My UKCAT SJT didn’t go to plan as I received a band 4 and not knowing the universities to apply for for my condition I didn’t receive offers for medicine.

I know there is clearing for medicine in St Georges London but I got BBB in my Advanced Higher Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

I am also considering Buckingham university for Medicine and they have taken my application.
How is that university?
I am now preparing for IELTS exam for that to receive an interview invite which is an MMI.

I want to ask as to how beneficial Bsc in Biomedical Sciences is as compared to medicine especially for an international student?
Is it easier to get a job and visa after it?
I would plan to undergo graduate entry medicine route but I have heard it is very competitive.
What are the realistic chances in that?

Would taking the longer route be beneficial or should I stay focused and hopeful in Buckingham university for medicine?

I know that I am in a peculiar situation, any words of advice and suggestions would be helpful?

With BBB I would recommend that you apply for Foundation courses first, see how that goes. They just make medicine one year longer. Get in contact with as many unis as you can. Use the medic portal as it has a list of all the medical schools. UCLan has a Foundation course, not sure if it's in clearing though. I know Leeds' was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending