The Student Room Group

Opinions on going to a new medical school?

Hey!

So I'm thinking of applying to medicine, and I was wondering what it is like to study at a particularly new medical school (i.e. Anglia Ruskin), especially since some other universities place emphasis on the amount of years that they have offered the course.

Hope that made sense lol

Yes that makes a lot of sense. I am going to be a second year medical student at ARU in less than a month now. Honestly I can say that there’s pros and cons with every choice you make in life. Being the first cohort at ARU does mean that we have no seniors to look up to and guide us and that they’re developing the curriculum as they go along. However, it also means that because there’s only 100 students, we’re well known by our teachers who help us whenever we need to and they try to keep us as happy as we can; it really feels like we’re taken care of and that our teachers care about how educated and ready to work as doctors we are. There are also many more possibilities to get involved in societies leading roles as well as internships etc, because there are less people involved. I am really happy with my choice! Let me know if I can answer any more specific questions and good luck :smile:
a med degree is still a med degree regardless of the uni although the users above make good points :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending