The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

blahbloo
Surely you have to ask the teachers for their permission first? And I used their college phone numbers/email addresses/College address.

ahh right ok cool, yeah will ask permission i just doubt my teacher would tell me her address lol so making sure
moregano
It's fine, just let them know at the interview so they can make adjustments if necessary (eg train you in the kitchen or on lobby if you think you might have difficulties taking orders etc).

There are laws regarding disability discrimination; they're not allowed to not hire you because you're hearing impaired. In any case, people working in the kitchen, lobby and deliveries don't need to rely on good hearing to do their job, so they won't see it as a problem :smile:

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! :wink: Any tips for the OJE btw? I'm more nervous about the OJE because it is going to be more challenging for me than the normal applicant, I guess.
blahbloo
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! :wink: Any tips for the OJE btw? I'm more nervous about the OJE because it is going to be more challenging for me than the normal applicant, I guess.

I never actually had an OJE. I was told I was going to get one but when I turned up it was just a brief interview. We're not allowed to discuss specific questions they'll ask on TSR but it's the same kind of stuff you would expect anywhere.

But like I said before, let them know if you think you might have difficulties with taking orders etc, and they'll take that into consideration.
moregano
I never actually had an OJE. I was told I was going to get one but when I turned up it was just a brief interview. We're not allowed to discuss specific questions they'll ask on TSR but it's the same kind of stuff you would expect anywhere.

I'm not quite sure why? I've sat in and held numerous interviews and I really can't think of anything McSpecific we / I've ever asked.
matt bass
I'm not quite sure why? I've sat in and held numerous interviews and I really can't think of anything McSpecific we / I've ever asked.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=148&a=296

It would give an unfair advantage to candidates for a job who would otherwise go in blind. This is not fair on other people applying for the job who do not have ready access to this information, and may betray the confidentiality of the employer.
Dont worry you probably wont even get an OJE MOST people on this forum didnt have one and i didnt. That said you could have one, just dont be worrying about it
So I think the interview went well, the lady said that she had two other people to interview today. She asked what times I was available for, etc and how long I planned to be at the job, etc. She said she would send me an email to let me know about the status of the job....Thats what she was discussing before we both got up to leave the office. I have a feeling she was about to show me the kitchen to do my OJE cos she siad somethnig I didnt quite catch...but I didnt hear it and walked off as I assumed the interview was over. I really hope she wasn't going to show me my OJE..that'd suck! :p:
I'm surprised they haven't fired me yet, this is only my 6th week working there and i've taken 2 sick days and 3 holiday days already and when I am there I can't do much anyway :o:
Can you ask them to train you to do something different, ie tills, or is it just totally up to them when and what they train you for?
Reply 2028
I laugh with sadness everytime I see this thread. I've applied 5+ times and have been rejected. I've got no idea why. Either the Days I said I wanted to work/my application or the questions.
Stettin
I laugh with sadness everytime I see this thread. I've applied 5+ times and have been rejected. I've got no idea why. Either the Days I said I wanted to work/my application or the questions.

It is probably your availabilty.. :smile:
Antifazian
I'm surprised they haven't fired me yet, this is only my 6th week working there and i've taken 2 sick days and 3 holiday days already and when I am there I can't do much anyway :o:
Can you ask them to train you to do something different, ie tills, or is it just totally up to them when and what they train you for?

Depends who's available, and if they decide to schedule you for training I suspect :p: .

I'm saving up all my holiday pay/holiday leave :woo: . Though I don't really understand how "Holiday Entitlement Accrued" is measured... =|.
Corpsetaker
I hope you're joking! D: I can't handle presenter window even when it's not busy... Black order... green.... RED, RED, RED!!!

Got a 9-5 tomorrow, interestingly. I've never done breakfast menu before though :redface:, and I highly doubt I'll get to watch someone else do it. Will need to think on my feet :p:

I find breakfast easier cos there's less stuff on the menu and everything's made to order so you know your food's (usually) coming.

Only thing that happens at ours is that other people steal food from the production bin when they've been waiting 10 seconds as opposed to someone who's been waiting on the same item for 610 seconds. Then managers kick off and start getting aggressive. :biggrin: You'd probably have been better on an earlier shift where it's quieter to get used to breakfast, 9-5 can be a bit of a nightmare!
adam_1234
I find breakfast easier cos there's less stuff on the menu and everything's made to order so you know your food's (usually) coming.

Only thing that happens at ours is that other people steal food from the production bin when they've been waiting 10 seconds as opposed to someone who's been waiting on the same item for 610 seconds. Then managers kick off and start getting aggressive. :biggrin: You'd probably have been better on an earlier shift where it's quieter to get used to breakfast, 9-5 can be a bit of a nightmare!

I really hated breakfast shifts.I was used to doing shifts like 11-7s and that's when the normal menu would start so that's what I was used to on the till but when it was breakfast I just got totally confused!
adam_1234

Really? When I was working (which seems like an age away now...) I got kind of annoyed with kitchen because I didn't realise how long things take to cook :p: .

Lol, that happens sometimes at mines, but it's usually worked out. Our drive-thru team are vicious!

And my 9-5 wasn't bad, really :smile: . Though it was Valentine's Day -- I suspect the people were making their sweeties breakfast in bed, lol.
Okay, now I am fecking annoyed!!!

My work refuses to notice my work availability! They keep giving me 4PM starts on weekdays, which is fine, but I get out of school at 3:20 and have to get a bus to and from work! I'm gonna phone them tomorrow and tell them they're gonna be down a person if they don't changing it.
Reply 2035
I had my first shift in kitchen for breakfast on Saturday and it was bloody busy! I bet it was cause they all knew I didn't know what I was doing :lol:

Doing another this Saturday - an 8-4 - so hopefully I'll remember what I'm doing! It's usually quiet in our store on a Saturday breakfast so hopefully the customers will be kinder this weekend :p:
I got told to finish my orientation online but the website then told me that my registration to the website had to be accepted by the store manager.

I then went in and they siad they cant remember of the top of their heads but there is a way to get around doing this without it being accepted and without an employee number.

Does anyone now how to get around this?
how to i do my online orientation on ourlounge if it wont let me log in?
They wont accept the request till i start work and i need to do the orientation before i start.
There is a way around it but it wont let me :frown:
It should let you into our lounge, have you registered, when i registered i didnt need to be activated or anything it just recognises your email address and lets you register. Make sure you are using the same email you used to sign up on the careers website.
I was rejected without an interview. I feel so ashamed! 4 years of work experience involving retail, A grades at A level, able to work 8-7 mon-fri and any hours on weekends is not enough for Mcdonalds ? jesus christ. What else do they want from me?!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending