The Student Room Group

job application to mcdonalds

they ask about future aspirations, is it wise of me to say i want to go into banking??
Original post by 1ta_dx
they ask about future aspirations, is it wise of me to say i want to go into banking??

No. They don't like to feel like they're a stepping stone in the process, even though it's common knowledge and everybody does it.

The more ideal response tend to be something in the following:

Work in catering

Become a catering manager/senior team member

See yourself have a role somewhere in McDonald's

Note: you should not lie in your job application

Chances are if you have high grades and a stellar student record, they are not that likely to take you on anyway.
Reply 2
If it’s working in a branch, it probably doesn’t matter what you say as long as you slot in that you’re completely reliable and want to work lots of weekend and bank holiday shifts. I would be honest
Be honest. I recently got a job at BP gas station after completing my degree. They asked me how long I'm going to stay and I said for a while until I find a role more relevant to my degree. It really doesn't matter that much.
Original post by MindMax2000

Chances are if you have high grades and a stellar student record, they are not that likely to take you on anyway.

This is just nonsense. Plenty of people with high grades work in places like McDonalds for their first jobs.
Reply 5
Original post by Crazed cat lady
This is just nonsense. Plenty of people with high grades work in places like McDonalds for their first jobs.

True. I 💯 agree with this. Don’t let that deter you; McDonald’s is a good place to start. Speaking from personal experience, I’ve learnt a lot about customer service and being professional from having a job there. No experience is a wasted experience. You’ll always learn something that you could transfer into your chosen long term career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending