The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also, when can i start the apprenticeship program?, think it would be good for me to do :smile: (but ive only had 2 shifts :P )
Original post by SortYourLife
Also, when can i start the apprenticeship program?, think it would be good for me to do :smile: (but ive only had 2 shifts :P )

I had my interview with my training manager a week or so ago for it. She said I've passed but need to wait until I've worked there for 90 days until I can be enrolled onto it.

Doing my GCSE maths again online while I'm waiting though, because you have to have a maths and english qualification attained in the last 3 years to be able to do it.
Reply 4082
I love it that you can click on a day in McTime and see everyone that's working on that day. I'm so terrible with remembering names & it also doesn't help that most people in our Mcds have the most complicated names ever, so this is really great :smile:
Could someone help me with two questions?

The first one is that two of my local McDonald's are advertising for a customer care assistant and the job description of it was a bit vague. Could anyone tell me what the role really involves? The second questions is that I applied for five vacancies yesterday and received five emails each saying that they received an application but only two are showing up on the application status viewer on my McDonald's account. I did apply for three jobs earlier in the month and now another five yesterday so is it capped at five vacancies in total you can apply for or is it something else?

Thanks in advance. :smile:
customer care assistant Mop up, clean trays, hand out balloons and Greet customer as they come in. Basically a Friendly cleaner.

I think im not to sure
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
customer care assistant Mop up, clean trays, hand out balloons and Greet customer as they come in. Basically a Friendly cleaner.

I think im not to sure

You forgot the toilets....
I've been given the job (and accepted it) at McDonald's but someone was saying something about having a medical? Is that true?
Original post by NickyP

And if you have just left school then you will start on £4.25 an hour if it is company owned store. :smile:

**** me I wouldn't even get out of bed for that
Reply 4088
Original post by Ryan-Hetherington
I've been given the job (and accepted it) at McDonald's but someone was saying something about having a medical? Is that true?

There is no medical

ahh right thanks :smile:

and well i did 2 shifts last weekend and havent had any SOCs yet :s-smilie: next shift isnt till the 24th :/

Don't worry about it, it doesn't affect you until you want to get your stars. Ask a crew trainer or manager about it whe you are next in.
what do i need 2 do 2 get a job there ive applied and just recieved a rejection email. is it my lack of experience being 16 or the answers i gave in the questionnaire
Original post by destined1
what do i need 2 do 2 get a job there ive applied and just recieved a rejection email. is it my lack of experience being 16 or the answers i gave in the questionnaire

Maybe if you used 'to' instead of '2' you might have more of a chance of getting employed by someone. Even McDonald's have standards.
sorry never knew this was a formal chat room or that u had never used a text capable phone in order 2 understand what i was saying
sorry never knew this was a formal chat room or that u had never used a text capable phone in order 2 understand what i was saying

I don't recall saying it was... I'd just think that at 16 you'd be mature enough to use real words instead of 'tlkin lik dis'.

I have no experience, and just got a job, so would be the questionaire, sorry.

Not even my work experience through school would help. It was helping in an animal sanctuary, and ive had a paper round as well so thats not really gonna help in the experience part.
I have no experience, and just got a job, so would be the questionaire, sorry.

Not even my work experience through school would help. It was helping in an animal sanctuary, and ive had a paper round as well so thats not really gonna help in the experience part.

Thanks do you know any tips 4 the questionnaire
Forgot to ask also, I've got to go for training or something tomorrow (Manager said it's where I get my uniform etc.). What should I wear?
Thanks do you know any tips 4 the questionnaire

Just try and put what they'd want you to put, but dont try to be too dishonest either. especially with the ones like 'have you ever lied to your parents', because of course everyones done this.

Good Luck :smile:
Another question ( yurp they never seem to end ^__^)

I work at a franchise and we all got told to read the employee handbook, now in the handbook it states that if you work more then three hours and less than four you get paid for your fifteen minute break so don't clock out. I'm pretty sure at my store we do. Thus is this incorrect on the franchise part and should I be getting paid for it, OR is the franchise guy allowed to dictate whether he pays for it or not. It confused me since it's written in the handbook and that's the guide for all McDonald's
How did you guys land the job for mcdonalds? I'm looking at their recruitment page now, and it says they have no jobs available for any of the mcdonalds that are close to me
Does anyone know if there is a minimum time you have to be working there before you can become a manager?

Latest

Trending

Trending