The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
I had my interview today. I know a few people who work there who said the store manager had 'gone out', so I had to stand like a bit of a lemon and wait for her to come back. My friend works there so thankfully she was able to have a little chat between dashing around.
I had a different manager in the end and they've asked me back on Sunday for my OJE. As far as I was concerned, today was supposed to be a combined interview/OJE, so I'm not too sure what's going on. It went well, just wasn't too keen about being interviewed in the lobby. Everyone was gawping at me and a kid was screaming right behind me. Off-putting!

Will see what happens on Sunday :smile:
Reply 4101
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
Another question ( yurp they never seem to end ^__^)

I work at a franchise and we all got told to read the employee handbook, now in the handbook it states that if you work more then three hours and less than four you get paid for your fifteen minute break so don't clock out. I'm pretty sure at my store we do. Thus is this incorrect on the franchise part and should I be getting paid for it, OR is the franchise guy allowed to dictate whether he pays for it or not. It confused me since it's written in the handbook and that's the guide for all McDonald's

It will depend on your store but I've never heard of anyone getting paid on their breaks and at my store if you work 4 or less hours you get no break.
Today was HELL.

We only had 3 people on tils, 2 people on grill(usually have 3 or 4) and only 1 person on chicken side(usually have two during rushes) Anyways, my assistant manager decided to go on grill to help them out, with another manager was constantly jumping between chicken and grill. It was VERY busy this evening, my assistant manager kept on bickering at me across the production bin........ I bickered back :teehee: Even ANNOYING though when the customer jumps in and has a go at the assistant manager for bickering at me :rofl:

Reason why this happened? We have a **** load of people in my store who don't bother turning up for their shifts and never bother phoning in. It's not fair because it puts a whole ton of pressure on the managers and the other crew.
Reply 4103
Original post by Elaine-Mc
Does anyone know if there is a minimum time you have to be working there before you can become a manager?

I don't believe there is any minimum time. It just depends on how quickly you can get through all the work you have to do to become a manager.
Original post by itsmyname
How did you guys land the job for mcdonalds? I'm looking at their recruitment page now, and it says they have no jobs available for any of the mcdonalds that are close to me

I was the same, checked one day and none anywhere. checked something like the next day and there was loads close to my area. Just keep checking daily :smile:
Does anyone know if there is a minimum time you have to be working there before you can become a manager?

I know you have to be working there 6 months to become a crew trainer, then im not sure how fast you can progress after that :smile:
This interview went alot better then my last one, but he said he will call me. Most people got there jobs on the spot ?

And once again the person on the till thought i was joking when i said i had a interview, hate having a baby face.
Reply 4107
Anyone know where I could buy the right shoes (I'm a size 3 and it's ridiculously hard to find some :frown: ). I've been wearin plimsolls for the past 3 shifts, it seems like they don't care very much though :biggrin:
Mcdonalds SUCKS.
Reply 4109
Original post by Torrchy
Anyone know where I could buy the right shoes (I'm a size 3 and it's ridiculously hard to find some :frown: ). I've been wearin plimsolls for the past 3 shifts, it seems like they don't care very much though :biggrin:

Shoe zone and priceless shoes are the main places people go because it is cheap but dont expect good quality!
YES!! I got an interview for a customer care position! My first interview since starting job hunting 3 weeks ago!
Reply 4112
hahahaha I'm so sad I didn't work today! Came in to hand in some papers to my manager & apparentlly the flurry machine exploded & people in the front rows got soaked! hahaha
Reply 4113

At my store I think they asked for you to be there for six months and have gotten your three stars.
Although they just stuck a notice up, people applied, got selected and then they did their SOC's to get their three stars at my store.
Original post by Torrchy
hahahaha I'm so sad I didn't work today! Came in to hand in some papers to my manager & apparentlly the flurry machine exploded & people in the front rows got soaked! hahaha

:wink:
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
This interview went alot better then my last one, but he said he will call me. Most people got there jobs on the spot ?

And once again the person on the till thought i was joking when i said i had a interview, hate having a baby face.

I didn't , i got an email the following day :smile:
Original post by Torrchy

i went to wynsors :smile:
Does anyone have an e-copy of the crew handbook?

The link for me has been taken off my McTime, and I can't find it on Ourlounge :frown: And I need it to complete a tonne of Apprenticeship stuff for tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Also, does anyone work in Southampton or Reading stores here? If yes, please can you PM me? :smile:
Anyone's McTime working?
Reply 4118
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
Does anyone have an e-copy of the crew handbook?

The link for me has been taken off my McTime, and I can't find it on Ourlounge :frown: And I need it to complete a tonne of Apprenticeship stuff for tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Also, does anyone work in Southampton or Reading stores here? If yes, please can you PM me? :smile:

The only version of the crew handbook I've seen is if you search crew handbook into ourlounge and it should be the third link down saying "employee hand book"

This also seems to cover some apprenticeship stuff too.
Original post by Stacks
The only version of the crew handbook I've seen is if you search crew handbook into ourlounge and it should be the third link down saying "employee hand book"

This also seems to cover some apprenticeship stuff too.

Doh, I was searching Crew Handbook! No wonder I couldn't find it.

For anyone else: http://www.ourlounge.co.uk/c/journal/view_article_content?groupId=10700&articleId=11149&version=1.0

Thanks for the link! I'm just completing as much of my diary as possible, Don't really understand what to do on the calendar bits so just doing all the other pages :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending