The Student Room Group

University funding

Afternoon,
I have just finished my A-Levels and am taking a gap year out working. I got a Merit in BTEC Level 3 Business, C in History and an A in Law. I was 1 off a distinction and 2 off a B in history so I am having these remarked. I am interested in studying Law at University however the financial side worries me. My dad passed away in November 2018 so it is just me and my mum. We are of low income so university fees are crippling. Can someone please provide some help to help me understand the possible options infront of me with regards to the finance.

Thank you, Jake
Original post by GROOVYKANGAROOS
Afternoon,
I have just finished my A-Levels and am taking a gap year out working. I got a Merit in BTEC Level 3 Business, C in History and an A in Law. I was 1 off a distinction and 2 off a B in history so I am having these remarked. I am interested in studying Law at University however the financial side worries me. My dad passed away in November 2018 so it is just me and my mum. We are of low income so university fees are crippling. Can someone please provide some help to help me understand the possible options infront of me with regards to the finance.

Thank you, Jake

Are you a UK national who has lived in the UK for the last 3 years?

If so you will get fees paid and a maintenance loan based on income.
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/new-fulltime-students?step-by-step-nav=18045f76-ac04-41b7-b147-5687d8fbb64a

Quick Reply

Latest