The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qw03p8
How would u able to get a student loan when it's only available for one degree?

For graduate entry you're eligible to apply for student loan. If you do a second undergrad degree - as far as I'm aware - you can't apply for another loan. Its confusing but that's what SFE told me before i applied re the grad route :smile:
Original post by TheMolarBear
For graduate entry you're eligible to apply for student loan. If you do a second undergrad degree - as far as I'm aware - you can't apply for another loan. Its confusing but that's what SFE told me before i applied re the grad route :smile:

Good luck x
I've been told that students applying by graduate entry would have their course abbreviated (so u will study dentistry in 4 years, not 5). Do u have any idea if this is correct?
Original post by qw03p8
Good luck x
I've been told that students applying by graduate entry would have their course abbreviated (so u will study dentistry in 4 years, not 5). Do u have any idea if this is correct?

This is only correct for the specific graduate entry courses - KCL grad entry programme, UCLan and Aberdeen grad entry. If you were to pick say - Leeds for example - you would have to do the full 5 years. Currently there are only 3 unis in the UK offering the 4 year accelerated course. Hope that helps!
Original post by qw03p8
How would u able to get a student loan when it's only available for one degree?

Medicine, nursing and dentistry are exempt courses.
Has anyone heard back from King's because I see the spreadsheet has been changed and it now says offers are being given out?
Original post by FutureDentist675
Has anyone heard back from King's because I see the spreadsheet has been changed and it now says offers are being given out?

No? When was that changed?
Original post by imonmywaytonight

That’s got to be really recent because I looked at the spreadsheet a couple hours ago and it didn’t say that
It was literally about 10 minutes ago, I was confused too because I was looking at it and went to close the tab and noticed it now says Kings has been giving out offers.
Original post by FutureDentist675
It was literally about 10 minutes ago, I was confused too because I was looking at it and went to close the tab and noticed it now says Kings has been giving out offers.

I’ve written on the main dentistry discussion to see if anyone else has more information
I've heard nothing. I'm not sure how many they interview for graduate entry though and I think I was one of the last (haha!) so maybe those who had their interviews earlier are hearing back?
I just got my offer, was hoping to find more with the same news
Original post by lucyrtorbe
I just got my offer, was hoping to find more with the same news

for KCL?
Reply 212
Original post by imonmywaytonight

I also interviewed for Grad Entry Dentistry at Kings and haven't heard anything back thus far
Where can I find this spreadsheet for offers?
Original post by avh08
I also interviewed for Grad Entry Dentistry at Kings and haven't heard anything back thus far
Where can I find this spreadsheet for offers?

When was your interview? And is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caxAIWyVxiv4wTa40OCbzd24EJ1QQPIWClMOJ47OPvk/edit#gid=0
Reply 214

Thank you for the link to the spreadsheet
My interview was on the 31st Jan
Hey guys,

Does anyone know when Aberdeen will make more offers? Do they only make 20 or do they make more? I live in the U.K. but I have an EU passport, I am guessing they prioritise Scottish applicants over EU and then English applicants?
Original post by Duna 216
Hey guys,

Does anyone know when Aberdeen will make more offers? Do they only make 20 or do they make more? I live in the U.K. but I have an EU passport, I am guessing they prioritise Scottish applicants over EU and then English applicants?

So they said to me on my interview they send the first round of offers to all candidates (Scotish, EU and ROK) in February, and then after KCL sends their offers by the end of March, they'll see who has firmed from the first batch, and then send more offers after that.
Original post by Franksss
Congratulations that’s amazing!! When was your interview?

Thank you! 13th Feb, 2:40pm
Original post by ram101
Congrats! Did they notify you via email or track? :smile:

thanks :smile: got an email saying to log into my King's portal, checked that *acute tachycardia* and the offer was there , then later in the evening my Track updated
Reply 219
Did anyone get an offer from Dundee University?

Latest