The Student Room Group

Not making most of youth- anyone relate???

Anyone feeling they are wasting their youth. I feel like my life consist of getting good grades and academia and little else. I don't want to be at 40 and wish I made more use of youth. Or maybe I'm just bored. I'm 16 btw.
If you think you're wasting your youth wait until a levels start for you smol bean- the darkest period of my life :bird:
Why? what did u do for a levels??? Honestly, there's no worse feeling than being bored. I enjoy being productive and working - makes me feel important.
Original post by Feelingbored
Why? what did u do for a levels??? Honestly, there's no worse feeling than being bored. I enjoy being productive and working - makes me feel important.

maths, further maths, chemistry, physics + STEP (near death experience)

What are you doing?
Original post by Anonymous
maths, further maths, chemistry, physics + STEP (near death experience)

What are you doing?

Wow - you must be incredibly smart. I'm doing eng lit , maths and maybe law or history or something. Honestly cant decide between like 3 subjects. What uni u at?
Wow - you must be incredibly smart. I'm doing eng lit , maths and maybe law or history or something. Honestly cant decide between like 3 subjects. What uni u at?

so many essay subjects- yikes!
haha not really, just finished 1st yr maths at cam
so many essay subjects- yikes!
haha not really, just finished 1st yr maths at cam

The ****!?!!? You study at Cambridge!!!! You must be a genuis ! Please tell me your number one secret?
i suck at essay subjects so I don't have any specific advice- for maths and i guess in general just keep on top of things (make notes as you're taught rather than at the end of the topic), resolve any understanding problems you have asap as they'll likely lead to further issues later down and stay calm.

good luck! (:
i suck at essay subjects so I don't have any specific advice- for maths and i guess in general just keep on top of things (make notes as you're taught rather than at the end of the topic), resolve any understanding problems you have asap as they'll likely lead to further issues later down and stay calm.

good luck! (:

Do u know anybody in cam that has B and C's in GCSE that weren't related to their course. Random but this friend at school is soo good at maths and even started uni maths aged 15 but he suck at English so got poor grades in them. Random question but very curious???
Anyone feeling they are wasting their youth. I feel like my life consist of getting good grades and academia and little else. I don't want to be at 40 and wish I made more use of youth. Or maybe I'm just bored. I'm 16 btw.

Actually you are doing very well keeping focus on your studies at the moment as you are basically building your future. Keep studying and make the most out of your education and you will thank yourself later for all these years when you studied hard.What you are doing is investing in yourself and in the future of your family later when the time comes. Education will open many doors for you and you will find it being meaningful and yes it is normal to get bored as you say.

Keep in mind that the frontal cortex is developing until the age of 25 and is responsible for your willpower, behaviour and getting things done + many other things, look into it if you are so bored ,you will be amazed.
Original post by Vibration
Actually you are doing very well keeping focus on your studies at the moment as you are basically building your future. Keep studying and make the most out of your education and you will thank yourself later for all these years when you studied hard.What you are doing is investing in yourself and in the future of your family later when the time comes. Education will open many doors for you and you will find it being meaningful and yes it is normal to get bored as you say.

Thank you so much. Sometimes it feels pointless especially when u don't always see the immediate results, especially when you come from a low working class background and caring about academics is an abnormal
If you're feeling bored,conduct in some sports related activities or activities in general. It's a great way of being productive in terms of staying fit and active. Should at the very least get rid of your boredom :smile:
Well , hard work pays off and is plenty of time to have fun. You stand a massive chance to do a damn well job and develop yourself. Set up goals to get more determination as well as to avoid mind racing in pointless things. Exercise will also benefit your mind and body short and long term.
Do u know anybody in cam that has B and C's in GCSE that weren't related to their course. Random but this friend at school is soo good at maths and even started uni maths aged 15 but he suck at English so got poor grades in them. Random question but very curious???

Yeah, one of my friends in secondary school who is also at Cambridge now (studying history of art) got a C in her maths- even though I tutored her ):
Things tend to pick up once you're 18 and move on to work/uni whilst being legally able to drink, assuming you're not some sort of social recluse. Focusing on your academic stuff ain't the worst as long as you're happy like that, just remember that you can actually multi task. Some nutters on here would have you believe that doing basically anything is a detriment to your results - that's not the case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending