The Student Room Group

small skin coloured spots around urethra

For about a year now I've been worried about strange skin coloured spots around my urethra in rows. Everything I've googled sounds similar but it's never in this location. My penis also has slight cracks (not dry) around the rim of the head which are prominent. Both are visible even when I have an erection.
Seriously if you've got a concern about your health go and see a doctor - don't spend a year wondering and worrying.

If you've ever engaged in sexual activity I'd go and get a check up a your local sexual health clinic.
or
If you've never engaged in sexual activity I'd pop along to the doctor with anything that is of concern.

It sounds like you may be describing pearly papules, which are common and don't require any treatment.
Slight 'cracks' around your penis sounds like a purely cosmetic concern (if you look at your hands you'll see similar cracks and lines) if you don't have any other symptoms and is unlikely to be something to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by JTfoxlove
Seriously if you've got a concern about your health go and see a doctor - don't spend a year wondering and worrying.

If you've ever engaged in sexual activity I'd go and get a check up a your local sexual health clinic.
or
If you've never engaged in sexual activity I'd pop along to the doctor with anything that is of concern.

It sounds like you may be describing pearly papules, which are common and don't require any treatment.
Slight 'cracks' around your penis sounds like a purely cosmetic concern (if you look at your hands you'll see similar cracks and lines) if you don't have any other symptoms and is unlikely to be something to worry about.

thank you, its just awkward having to ask to be taken to your GP and then explain to the GP about said problems, theres issues about it being face-to-face
Doctors are professionals. They've seen it all before. The mature and safe thing to do is to address these issues.

If you've never engaged in sexual activity and your only symptoms are the cosmetic issues you've mentioned then you may not need to see your doctor - this said I would still recommend it if you've got concerns.
How old are you and are you sexually active? Have they noticeably changed? Do they itch or bother you?
Reply 5
Original post by Apachecow
How old are you and are you sexually active? Have they noticeably changed? Do they itch or bother you?

I am seventeen years old, I am not sexually active, they havent changed, they dont itch or bother me physically only mentally.
Then I really wouldn't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest