The Student Room Group

No reply to good morning text

So the guy I've been seeing for a few months usually always messages me good morning and I do the same back, but today I messaged him and he didn't reply... He also hasn't even read the message on WhatsApp...

I know he's been online as well so it's not like he hasn't checked his phone.

I also know he has a lot going on at work at the moment and he seems rather stressed with it all but I am not sure if that is the reason why he wouldn't message me back when usually we talk on a daily basis

I messaged him morning at around 8am and then messaged him again at like 6pm asking how he's day went ect

Any advice on what to do if he still doesn't read the messages ?
Just let him be

It doesn’t look good when you double text
if he's got a lot going on don't read too much into it. Just wait for him to reply rather than bombarding him with more texts.
Reply 3
Original post by Tawny007
if he's got a lot going on don't read too much into it. Just wait for him to reply rather than bombarding him with more texts.

yeh I'm gonna just leave it now and hope he gets back to me before the end of the day
Reply 4
Original post by Superdrilles
Just let him be

It doesn’t look good when you double text

yeh I'm gonna leave it for now and maybe just like leave my phone at home for a bit so I won't be tempted to send more messages
Original post by Anonymous
yeh I'm gonna leave it for now and maybe just like leave my phone at home for a bit so I won't be tempted to send more messages

Does he have an Ex?
Maybe he ex came back into his life?
Or maybe he’s just busy and doesn’t want to send nonesense replies?

Who knows there’s so many possibilities...
Reply 6
Original post by Superdrilles
Does he have an Ex?
Maybe he ex came back into his life?
Or maybe he’s just busy and doesn’t want to send nonesense replies?

Who knows there’s so many possibilities...

yes he does and he ended it with her not so long ago on pretty bad terms
Reply 7
Nothing really.

He's probably busy.

I admit that going through the whole "good morning" text stuff gets repetitive, usually cute in the first few months but eventually the novelty wears out.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Nothing really.

He's probably busy.

I admit that going through the whole "good morning" text stuff gets repetitive, usually cute in the first few months but eventually the novelty wears out.

He still hasn’t read any of my messages and it has been over 24 hours so I think somethings up and clearly he doesn’t want to speak to me at all
So the guy I've been seeing for a few months usually always messages me good morning and I do the same back, but today I messaged him and he didn't reply... He also hasn't even read the message on WhatsApp...

I also know he has a lot going on at work at the moment and he seems rather stressed with it all but I am not sure if that is the reason why he wouldn't message me back when usually we talk on a daily basis

I messaged him morning at around 8am and then messaged him again at like 6pm asking how he's day went ect

Seems like you got yourse self a problem
Maybe he is sick
Original post by Yasmin1224
Maybe he is sick

He’s been online so clearly he is able to talk to other people... and I’ve seen his work posts on linked it so I know he’s ok
Maybe he just wants some space, you've said yourself that he's stressed.

Not everyone's a fan of talking literally every day.
Original post by MidgetFever
Maybe he just wants some space, you've said yourself that he's stressed.

Not everyone's a fan of talking literally every day.

It’s just weird cause we haven’t gone a single day when he hasn’t messaged me at least once, and if he is stressed he is still talking to other people on WhatsApp so it is upsetting me that he wouldn’t want to talk to me about his problems as I would like to think I could make him feel better.

He definitely has a rather busy week but not even a morning or a goodnight is a bit of a concern and since the messages haven’t been read it’s as if he’s decided to just delete the conversation entirely and pretend I don’t exist
It's been nearly 48 hours now and still he hasn't read any of the messages I sent him yesterday
I think you're being ghosted boo, do not message him again and let him come to you. If he does, tell him it is unacceptable and you will not allow yourself to be treated that way and block. There are plenty more fish in the sea, dont accept bad treatment
Original post by KanyesVest
I think you're being ghosted boo, do not message him again and let him come to you. If he does, tell him it is unacceptable and you will not allow yourself to be treated that way and block. There are plenty more fish in the sea, dont accept bad treatment

yeh I haven't said anything else and I don't really know what else I would say

he is busy sending them to other girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending