The Student Room Group

HELPP with making friends during FRESHERS

I’m a guy and i feel like i have zero interests in common with other guys like football, music, tv series etc I watch and listen to NONE of it. Maybe I should research some so I have things to talk about? I literally have no interests at all so I know I’ll have a hard time making friends
Well what do you do for fun? It might help thinking about that for when you come to talk with others
Reply 2
Original post by Arifali4
Well what do you do for fun? It might help thinking about that for when you come to talk with others

I just surf the web. I mean I’m pretty interested in politics...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a guy and i feel like i have zero interests in common with other guys like football, music, tv series etc I watch and listen to NONE of it. Maybe I should research some so I have things to talk about? I literally have no interests at all so I know I’ll have a hard time making friends

I mean there's no point researching interests you would just get caught out in something u wouldn't know. You could look into them see if it actually interests you though.
To be honest, your personality is bound to make an impression rather than what ur intrested in. Those would be a plus, but you don't just make good friends when you have similar interests, u just make BETTER friends that's all.
over some alcohol, "hi i'm person what course are u studying" - "oh really what made you wanna do that"

I mean at the end of the day you're all gonna be stuffed together in halls so getting along is almost inevitable, just so long as you're a genuinely nice person
Reply 5
Original post by remiaitman
over some alcohol, "hi i'm person what course are u studying" - "oh really what made you wanna do that"

I mean at the end of the day you're all gonna be stuffed together in halls so getting along is almost inevitable, just so long as you're a genuinely nice person

I’m kinda rude😔
I’m kinda rude😔

then why are you attempting to make friends with people
Reply 7
I’m kinda rude😔

Rude people are sometimes funny though :')
Reply 8
Original post by remiaitman
then why are you attempting to make friends with people

I still want friends
Original post by Froggo
Rude people are sometimes funny though :')

actually a good point.

OP, turn your rudeness into friendly sarcasm and mild backhanded compliments. also, watch peaky blinders. it's a ****ing incredible show and you'll have something to go off
Me and you would be great friends, we have similar interests 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ja78975
Me and you would be great friends, we have similar interests 😂

Politics and rudeness??🙂
Politics and rudeness??🙂

Yes of course 😂, and some Business as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending