The Student Room Group

Any inventive english revision ideas?

(edited 1 month ago)
My suggestions are to watch Mr bruff videos, practise past exam papers, make flashcards for the characters and their quotes.
thanks for this, but my teacher has asked for inventive ideas. like one student made a whole monopoly
oh i see, if i think of something ill make sure to tell you.
Thank youuu
Our teacher made us make a mini quote story for poetry revision. We took quotes from each of the poems and made a story book with pictures. You could somehow apply that to Romeo and Juliet?
Original post by SiameseSulfate
Our teacher made us make a mini quote story for poetry revision. We took quotes from each of the poems and made a story book with pictures. You could somehow apply that to Romeo and Juliet?

oooh thats a cool idea. Thank youu
Original post by ice-cream03
oooh thats a cool idea. Thank youu

np :smile:
Reply 8
In 1997, as a response to a similar task, I changed the words to 'One Hundred Years of Solitude' by the Levellers so they fitted a monologue by Othello ruminating on his questionable behaviour. I performed the song very averagely but it went down well. I still remember it. As it happens, as a teacher, I've changed the words again to explain how to use the different forms of there/their/they're. Still a classic :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Davy611
In 1997, as a response to a similar task, I changed the words to 'One Hundred Years of Solitude' by the Levellers so they fitted a monogue by Othello ruminating on his questionable behaviour. I performed the song very averagely but it went down well. I still remember it. As it happens, as a teacher, I've changed the words again to explain how to use the different forms of there/their/they're. Still a classic :smile:

wow! My friend was thinking of doing this but with the poems. So i have to think of another idea. We have to tell our class about the idea.
wow! My friend was thinking of doing this but with the poems. So i have to think of another idea. We have to tell our class about the idea.

You have to be brave but if you can do a dance routine or play an instrument it'll go down a storm. Have fun :smile:
Original post by Davy611
You have to be brave but if you can do a dance routine or play an instrument it'll go down a storm. Have fun :smile:

hahaha i wish i was that brave.
Seneca
Original post by Sannah 21
Seneca

ooh yes i already use this. It's really helpful.
ooh yes i already use this. It's really helpful.

Yh!!
I was thinking about using the game uno. But i don't know how to change the game for Romeo and Juliet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending