The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fuego1
right. what are the 3 things then? Also, if there are 3 things and God made it 'easy', why did God say that the majority of people in Hellfire will be women? Either you're lying or something's not adding up

IN the end of days something like 50:1 will be the ratio of woman to men
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Free speech exists in this country so anyone can can say that. Deal with it :smile:

Nope, looks like it’s you who needs help understanding what free speech is.

Nope :biggrin:

I’ve read the Quran, it’s violent, sexist, barbaric and really quite boring. Obviously the work of 7th century Arabs.

7th century Arabs were Barbarians they couldn't even read or write they were killers and let men sleep with their wives the Quran being sent to Muhammad changed that all
The Quran was only revealed when during our prophet may peace be upon him time.what ever your reading is teaching you to cut your own bodies whip them hard until u have blood that's what Shia do nasty and painful act which is against our lord he has told us do not harm any part of your body.
You have not understood the Quran properly in those days there were wars yes even in UK non Muslim had wars! Read the history!!! But we muslims must not kill if one has killed someone he has kill whole brother hood.and this who killed are not Muslim at all but murders who are against all religions.even yours.
(edited 4 years ago)
No, the hijab is what’s commonly known as the headscarf and that’s clearly what the OP’s talking about. And she’s made the correct decision by choosing to remove it :smile:

No, I bash Islam, not Muslims. Big difference.

The word hijab means to cover e.g. a curtain, headscarf or a towel.
OP has the great influence of strong faiths Muslims around her so I highly doubt she will have removed it.
In fact, she has probably surpassed those thoughts.
Again. Uthman decided to make copies of the official complete Quranic manuscript which was made during the time of Abu Bakr which was also done in the Qurayshi dialect, that of the prophet Muhammad himself, after Uthman made copies of them he sent them out to each major Muslim province and the process continued and continued. The material which Uthman burnt were not even OFFICIAL ORIGINAL STANDARDIZED QURANIC TEXTS, some of the texts which were burnt were mere personal fragments, hence it is false to say Uthman went around burning Qurans. Secondly these burned Qurans' were not even for general use, they were only made for specific tribes etc, and most times they were simple personal collections, hence again it is false to say Uthman went around burning Qurans, what Uthman did was burn texts that were not complete Qurans, that were not completly original, and rather he replaced this doubtful texts with the REAL ORIGINAL COPY.
Original post by Lovelyme19
I don't care what it's commonly known as, this is where a lot of problems come from

No, it isn't. It's abundantly clear that the OP is referring to the physical item of cloth, not the wider, non-physical aspects of hijab, end of.

for example Aisha is commonly known as 9 when she's is in fact 25

Once again, wrong. The sahih hadith from Bukhari and Muslim are very clear that se was 6 or 7 when married to Muhammad and 9 when he had sex with her.

as an ummah we don't need your interference Muslims need Muslims
you Admit to bashing My religion shame on you !

Nothing wrong with criticising an ideology, beliefs are not immune from being mocked and dismantled, deal with it!
Claims to have read the Quran but has purposefully ignored the first of the ayats 'bring your evidence'

The Quran contains many events and claims that clearly aren't true. Human beings evolved, we were never created. And there were never 2 original people called Adam and Eve, as proven by basic biology. Your holy book is nothing more than a collection of ancient myths I'm afraid.

Quote the changes then and being a comparison on here which you never do

Well, seeing as you commonly make the claim that the Quran is unchanged, surely it's easier for you to produce the original, complete Quran that you can prove is written by Muhammad? The fact you can't do this brings down your claim in one fell swoop.

You quote hijabis (which doesn't always mean practicing Muslim) on t s r that had an illness

Yes, to disprove that person's silly claim that a piece of cloth protects you from illnesses, it doesn't.

Your not considered an attack on our faith you have nothing to bring forth

You're really not making any sense here.

You spend too much time on here lurking around on Muslims issues that you pick ip some things like when you said "hijabis girls" LOL small things like that and all the bashing you did to my dear Niqabi sister ,shame on you !

Again, not making much sense. What exactly is wrong with saying "hijabis"? And I did not bashing on anyone, I dismantled their flawed claims, learn the difference.
(edited 4 years ago)
7th century Arabs were Barbarians

Exactly! Which is why the Quran is so barbaric, sexist, violent and generally just unpleasant and horrible!

they couldn't even read or write

Nonsense. While many of them were obviously illiterate, there were clearly also many educated Arabs who were literate.

they were killers and let men sleep with their wives the Quran being sent to Muhammad changed that all

No, he didn't. Muhammad was just as barbaric as the rest of people during the time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Coco234
Again. Uthman decided to make copies of the official complete Quranic manuscript which was made during the time of Abu Bakr which was also done in the Qurayshi dialect, that of the prophet Muhammad himself, after Uthman made copies of them he sent them out to each major Muslim province and the process continued and continued. The material which Uthman burnt were not even OFFICIAL ORIGINAL STANDARDIZED QURANIC TEXTS, some of the texts which were burnt were mere personal fragments, hence it is false to say Uthman went around burning Qurans. Secondly these burned Qurans' were not even for general use, they were only made for specific tribes etc, and most times they were simple personal collections, hence again it is false to say Uthman went around burning Qurans, what Uthman did was burn texts that were not complete Qurans, that were not completly original, and rather he replaced this doubtful texts with the REAL ORIGINAL COPY.

More nonsense. The fact Uthman burnt them clearly shows they were alternative Quranic texts and variants, otherwise there would have been no need to destroy them. Any copy he kept would be claimed to be the "real original copy" by you but the bottom line is you don't have a shred of evidence for this. It is merely a claim that you are indoctrinated with since birth. I repeat, there is no oldest, complete Quran that you can prove was compiled by Muhammad, therefore any claim about original copies is completely void.
take that cloth of your head and run wild
Original post by Coco234
The Quran was only revealed when during our prophet may peace be upon him time.what ever your reading is teaching you to cut your own bodies whip them hard until u have blood that's what Shia do nasty and painful act which is against our lord he has told us do not harm any part of your body.

What on Earth are you on about?! I'm not reading anything about cutting my own body and whipping myself, why do you think I'm Shia?
What on Earth are you on about?! I'm not reading anything about cutting my own body and whipping myself, why do you think I'm Shia?

be careful planta they will shoot you up and say alluuuakbar if you aren't careful with your words. we must protect ourselves from these animals
Original post by typo1234
be careful planta they will shoot you up and say alluuuakbar if you aren't careful with your words. we must protect ourselves from these animals

Let them try and see how they'll fail miserably.
Let them try and see how they'll fail miserably.

brilliant

Spoiler

IN the end of days something like 50:1 will be the ratio of woman to men

Which is more obvious nonsense. Birthrates will always be roughly 50/50, as they are in pretty much every species.
Original post by Coco234
You have not understood the Quran properly in those days there were wars yes even in UK non Muslim had wars! Read the history!!! But we muslims must not kill if one has killed someone he has kill whole brother hood.and this who killed are not Muslim at all but murders who are against all religions.even yours.

Rubbish, I've understood the Quran perfectly. I don't care what was acceptable back then, it doesn't change the fact that the Quran is still intensely violent, bloody, sexist, discriminatory etc. etc. The Quran prescribes the killing of people under certain conditions, such as 5:33. And I don't have any religion.
Even the bible says war bloodshed back those days it was in historic times at war..i have religion and I am against killing against anyone killing animal that's what Quran says also.i have understood the Quran we all read.so your just lost mate!

Reminder:

The Faith and Spirituality forum is not for debating.

Please read the guidelines in the Sticky on the main page

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3323835
Original post by Coco234
Even the bible says war bloodshed back those days it was in historic times at war..i have religion and I am against killing against anyone killing animal that's what Quran says also.i have understood the Quran we all read.so your just lost mate!

no you're just a conformist who copies what other people say when you respond to criticisms of islam x

Latest

Trending

Trending