The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

on the old turbo/turbs/turbinator tonight :cool:

Pissing it down with rain here. It's pitch-black, wet, rainy and windy and there's me in my garage on my turbo, with my fitness getting better each and every peddle :cool:

Weather is ****ing foul.
Original post by white_haired_wizard
peddle

Really? are you selling it then?

:rofl:
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Really? are you selling it then?

:rofl:

knew that'd draw a comment or two :cool::biggrin:

what other word is there to use, ffs.

:colondollar:

It's like a 'f-you' to the weather - it's not stopping me from working out, not when I have my turbo in my garage.

**** yeah.
Original post by white_haired_wizard

what other word is there to use, ffs.

how about "pedal" ?

:smile:
Original post by Plato's Trousers
how about "pedal" ?

:smile:

oops, I forgot that word even existed ffs :colondollar:

All I need to do now is to freshen up the music on my mp3 and I'm ready to go. Think it'll be a 30-40 minute session on the turbs tonight :cool:

My legs will soon resemble granite/bricks and the girls are going to dig them :cool:
Powered bikes are limited to a max top speed by law. Therefore, you can't have one to boost your top speed - over something like 15mph.

Stop whining about the weather, get a mountain bike and some lights, get proper clothing and get riding! I did a lovely 14 miles last night, mostly bridleways. Great fun.
I did 50 minutes in the gym today. Spinning class, basically like a turbo but with fit girls/peer pressure to stop you slowing down...

And a random guy making sure your resistance is bloody high on the hills.
It was so high at one point when i tried pulling on the bars/pushing down on the pedals i wheelied the bike... :tongue:
Hi guys,

Just checking in as we're going through all the socs post update (now called social groups). Your leader is unfortunately inactive nowadays, so does anyone want to take over as leader? We could do with a deputy or two as well.

You can check out your group page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=686
Reply 788
Original post by fleur de lis
Hi guys,

Just checking in as we're going through all the socs post update (now called social groups). Your leader is unfortunately inactive nowadays, so does anyone want to take over as leader? We could do with a deputy or two as well.

You can check out your group page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=686

I don't mind being a deputy or leader depending on what is involved. What do they get to do other than accept people into the society? Oh and do we need any computer techno knowledge?
Original post by dhr90

Original post by dhr90
I don't mind being a deputy or leader depending on what is involved. What do they get to do other than accept people into the society? Oh and do we need any computer techno knowledge?

Basically you just accept people into the society, manage the group description and image, associate threads to the group when a relevant thread comes up etc. Not too much involved really, the main thing is just accepting the join requests.

No tech knowledge required! :smile:
Reply 790
Basically you just accept people into the society, manage the group description and image, associate threads to the group when a relevant thread comes up etc. Not too much involved really, the main thing is just accepting the join requests.

No tech knowledge required! :smile:

That sounds simple enough for me to cope with. I'm happy to do that.

Do I get a symbol of my power in my profile/user box? :colone:
Original post by dhr90

And you will have our undivided loyalty. We shall bow down before thee and worship.
Original post by dhr90

Nope, i'm Leader of the motorbike society and get nothing.

I wanted a giant picure of a motorbike 500*500pixels as my DP as a signal of my awesomeness but wasn't allowed... :frown:

In other news, i need to go out cycling more, stupid running/swimming/gym is taking over me and stopping me going out cycling, and the weather is too bad...
Reply 793
Original post by MHorman
Nope, i'm Leader of the motorbike society and get nothing.

I wanted a giant picure of a motorbike 500*500pixels as my DP as a signal of my awesomeness but wasn't allowed... :frown:

In other news, i need to go out cycling more, stupid running/swimming/gym is taking over me and stopping me going out cycling, and the weather is too bad...

Ah well. Undivided loyalty will be just as good. Soon we shall take over TSR! *evil laugh* :biggrin:

I need to go out too, but then I don't even run/swim/gym at the moment. But the bike that isn't broken is behind the broken one and uni is taking up time :frown: Still haven't ordered my mech hanger either. I am rather tempted to get a whole new drive train, but it probably won't be worth it at the moment.

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent track pump? Preferably something metal and/or likely to last. Up to £50. I have seen the Lyzene ones and used one but £80 is too much unfortunately :frown:
Original post by dhr90

Original post by dhr90

Righto, have submitted a transfer request, you just have to accept it (you should get a PM/notification?). You can then manage the soc and appoint deputies. Unfortunately there isn't a shiny badge for you at the moment but I think it may be in the pipelines for a future update!
Reply 795
Righto, have submitted a transfer request, you just have to accept it (you should get a PM/notification?). You can then manage the soc and appoint deputies. Unfortunately there isn't a shiny badge for you at the moment but I think it may be in the pipelines for a future update!

Done. Thanks.

I look forward to that update :cool:

Anyone interested in being a deputy?
Track pump - Topeak Joe Blow Sport II - good enough for shop work and not a bad price.
Original post by dhr90
Done. Thanks.

I look forward to that update :cool:

Anyone interested in being a deputy?

I'll be a deputy. You've got two guys in on Road and Mountain, may as well have a guy in on all-mountain, free-ride and down-hill. :wink:
Well, it seems I'm the only one who loves riding in the winter. Its cold, so you don't boil up, there is less wind so there's nothing stopping you on the fells, the grass and ground is crisp and packed, making it so much more fun to shred and there are lots of tourists up to see the Lake District in winter so I can show off more! Swish! :biggrin:
I can't wait till it snows. Riding in the snow is brilliant! Admittedly you can't go as fast, but hell, its still nice to just shred the fells up with snow & snowfall all around you.
I dislike the early nights, though. I've got lights adequate enough to ride in the "evening", when its only mildly dark, but when its pitch, I wouldn't want to risk it.
Still, I want more winter in!

Saying that, Spring, Summer & Autumn are just around the corner, again. :wink:
Original post by DH-Biker
Well, it seems I'm the only one who loves riding in the winter. Its cold, so you don't boil up, there is less wind so there's nothing stopping you on the fells, the grass and ground is crisp and packed, making it so much more fun to shred and there are lots of tourists up to see the Lake District in winter so I can show off more! Swish! :biggrin:
I can't wait till it snows. Riding in the snow is brilliant! Admittedly you can't go as fast, but hell, its still nice to just shred the fells up with snow & snowfall all around you.
I dislike the early nights, though. I've got lights adequate enough to ride in the "evening", when its only mildly dark, but when its pitch, I wouldn't want to risk it.
Still, I want more winter in!

Saying that, Spring, Summer & Autumn are just around the corner, again. :wink:

That's my problem atm, i have lights but they're not good enough for pitch black so limits my riding from between like 7am till like half 4...

And i'm not an early morning guy but will probably go for a decent ride satuday, maybe after my spinning class at the gym...

Best thing is riding a motoX bike in the snow though, that's a bit mental, especially when it's a small amount of snow on top of ice.

Latest