The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:woo:

Whistler Mountain, BC, opens on the 20th of May.

I'm so going to shred that **** open all across this year. :colone:

Need to save up something fierce first, though. :redface:
Reply 1581
Original post by DH-Biker
Scared!? Of DH tracks!? Never! :eek: What's to be scared of? :tongue: The obstacles? Go onto my technique thread (in sig), a guy asked how to gain confidence? :dontknow:
Don't be scared, they're so much fun. :tongue: Simply mind over matter. :wink:

Ahh, I get it. Well, anyone can start a Thread on the Society's home page, right?

I can get it sorted. :yep:

Road, DJ, DH, FR, AM, XC, Trials, 4X and BMX. Plus techniques for obstacles, and I'll need input from some of you for things like fitness plans, snack/drink options, Turbo usage, etc etc. :smile:

Well both at home and uni there is no DH to ride so I can't practice and get better. No-one to ride with to help, a bike uncapable of that kinda abuse and a lack of confidence.

Society's home page? If you mean the first post of the thread then it was made by someone and I don't believe any of us can edit that.

I think some of us can do different sections. A TSR wiki page would be the best bet as any of us can edit it.
If you win the lottery would you still ride a bike? :holmes:
Reply 1583
Original post by Low Profile

Yes. I don't ride a bike because I have to, I ride them as I enjoy it. Why would you give up your favourite hobby just because you suddenly become rich?

The first thing i would do is buy this green road bike I've been admiring :biggrin:
Reply 1585
Let me see, nice house in the south of france and enough left over to buy a spesh mclaren venge, or a cervelo s3, or a really nice wilier, or all of them. If anything it'd make me ride more.
I'd live abroad, in a sunnier and warmer climate. Perhaps set up a small company, hiring out bikes to tourists in a lovely scenic spot/part of the countryside. I'd oversee all this and employ people - I'd have a great lifestyle, have little part in the operation of this company - I'd create jobs out of my wealth -but have very little involvement in the company/companies. Be a philanthropist, buy lovely bikes and cars and impress and pull beautiful women using my immense wealth, eg. totally whore myself out for some action innit.

:cool:
Reply 1587

Hell Yes. Nothing beats the bike.

Although I would finish the rest of my upgrades...

I can't wait for her to be totally finished :sexface:
Reply 1588
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Perhaps set up a small company, hiring out bikes to tourists in a lovely scenic spot/part of the countryside.

Have fun with that :/ Hire is a devil. Could have just been where I was working though...
Original post by owliver
Hell Yes. Nothing beats the bike.

Although I would finish the rest of my upgrades...

I can't wait for her to be totally finished :sexface:

what's her name? :daydreaming:

Damn right I would.

I ride because it is of the uttermost importance in my life. Not because I'm forced into it, etc. It represents my life's ambition, my lifestyle and most of all, the activity that puts me at my absolute happiest. :smile:

If I won the lottery, aside from donations, I'd buy up every other bike I want. Top of the range parts for each and a large workshop outside each of my houses in Whistler, Morzine, Leogang, Fort William and back here and stock them with the best bike tools known to man. :colone:

Then I'd live out my life with mortgage's paid and biking in my favorite places on the planet, bringing friends out to go riding with. :cool:

Then I'd live out my life with mortgage's paid and biking in my favorite places on the planet, bringing friends out to go riding with. :cool:

You forgot the important part, buying my a Honda CRF250X and then giving me an epic race down Fort William...

After seeing David Knight do it and if you gave me a few days practise i reckon ti could be a close race...

If i win the lottery i'd buy a few more bikes tbh. A nice road racing bike alongside an epic DH bike that i'd get "DH Biker" here to build me for a price...
Original post by MHorman
You forgot the important part, buying my a Honda CRF250X and then giving me an epic race down Fort William...

After seeing David Knight do it and if you gave me a few days practise i reckon ti could be a close race...

If i win the lottery i'd buy a few more bikes tbh. A nice road racing bike alongside an epic DH bike that i'd get "DH Biker" here to build me for a price...

Oh yeah. :cool:

A few days, fair enough. :tongue: I'll spend those days finding my line. I've ridden Fort William 12 times, but I still haven't found "my line" on it. :colone:
But yeah, that'd be awesome. :yep: Ultimately, though, you'll struggle on the technical bits whereas I'll be OK; though, you'll storm ahead on the Motorway at the end, and if I don't clear the tech ****ing ricky-ticky, it doesn't matter how fast I am, you'll eat my time. :tongue:

Oh, oh! Intense M9, a Trek Session 88, a Yeti 303DH or a Specialized Demo 8 II. All of them in their 2011 models. :colone:
Give me the money from your lottery, and I'll rig up a storming DH bike. :tongue:
Reply 1593
If I won the lottery, aside from donations, I'd buy up every other bike I want. Top of the range parts for each and a large workshop outside each of my houses in Whistler, Morzine, Leogang, Fort William and back here and stock them with the best bike tools known to man. :colone:

I knew you would pick those 3 :tongue:
Oh yeah. :cool:

A few days, fair enough. :tongue: I'll spend those days finding my line. I've ridden Fort William 12 times, but I still haven't found "my line" on it. :colone:
But yeah, that'd be awesome. :yep: Ultimately, though, you'll struggle on the technical bits whereas I'll be OK; though, you'll storm ahead on the Motorway at the end, and if I don't clear the tech ****ing ricky-ticky, it doesn't matter how fast I am, you'll eat my time. :tongue:

Oh, oh! Intense M9, a Trek Session 88, a Yeti 303DH or a Specialized Demo 8 II. All of them in their 2011 models. :colone:
Give me the money from your lottery, and I'll rig up a storming DH bike. :tongue:

You'd kick my ass on it probably but i'd have a hell of a great week playing. :biggrin:

If we did 2 runs, one down the hill and one up the hill then i'd win by a mile. I'd be 80% as quick on the way up whereas you'd be like 20% the speed...

I'd give you a hefty cut to build me 2 epic DH bikes tbh... I'd use them less than the enduro bikes probably but would still be awesome...
Original post by dhr90
I knew you would pick those 3 :tongue:

Whistler: Frankly, can't get better riding. :yep:

Morzine: Closely second, lots more trails but just something lacking...

Leogang: So flowy! Can get so much speed on that damn track. :tongue:

Fort William: Technical as ****! But so fun to shred. :colone:

Its hard picking one out of the four, but the three you highlighted are definitely the best tracks around in my opinion. :yep:

Leogang is just... Ooft.

But nothing beats good ol' Whistler. :tongue:
Original post by MHorman
You'd kick my ass on it probably but i'd have a hell of a great week playing. :biggrin:

If we did 2 runs, one down the hill and one up the hill then i'd win by a mile. I'd be 80% as quick on the way up whereas you'd be like 20% the speed...

I'd give you a hefty cut to build me 2 epic DH bikes tbh... I'd use them less than the enduro bikes probably but would still be awesome...

Meh, maybe on the way down.

On the way up, bro, you could go up then down then up then down then up again and I'd still only be half way up.

All of my bikes are DH machines. Trying to go uphill on them, (you'll see when I get some helmet cam videos up) is like wading through treacle wearing lead weights. :frown:

Especially something as steep as Fort William. :tongue:

I'd enjoy building those up. :tongue: As long as I get to also use my work. :tongue: I'll need to abuse the living **** out of them on a beginning ride anyway. :tongue:
Meh, maybe on the way down.

On the way up, bro, you could go up then down then up then down then up again and I'd still only be half way up.

All of my bikes are DH machines. Trying to go uphill on them, (you'll see when I get some helmet cam videos up) is like wading through treacle wearing lead weights. :frown:

Especially something as steep as Fort William. :tongue:

I'd enjoy building those up. :tongue: As long as I get to also use my work. :tongue: I'll need to abuse the living **** out of them on a beginning ride anyway. :tongue:

Yea, if i ever do win the lottery expect an overly excited PM on here with a budget. Then me to appear up at your house for like a week of epic DH riding where we will both use both bikes so you can show me how it's done on proper DH trails...

Expect me to suck but me overly cocky anyway. :tongue:
Original post by MHorman
Yea, if i ever do win the lottery expect an overly excited PM on here with a budget. Then me to appear up at your house for like a week of epic DH riding where we will both use both bikes so you can show me how it's done on proper DH trails...

Expect me to suck but me overly cocky anyway. :tongue:

Haha, sounds like a plan. You sort your luck out and get it done! :tongue:

We've got our trails here would could shred, they're quite tough but ultimately rewarding. :colone:

Meh, I can teach. :cool: The courses are terrific fun, very flowy and full of jumps and gaps. :tongue: You'll do fine on a modded up Demo 8 II. :tongue:

(Dreams of a top-notch build kit on that bike... :coma:... )
Reply 1599
Original post by white_haired_wizard
what's her name? :daydreaming:

Georgie Giant :love:

Latest