The Student Room Group

Dumbest question about assignment extensions you've ever heard in your life

Hello :~) Please help me I'm dumb

If I received a three-day extension on an assignment, on a Tuesday, is my assignment due on:
a) Thursday (three days including Tuesday)
b) Friday (three days not including Tuesday)
c) Saturday (three days between the request and the due date)

This seems like it should be obvious and yet here we are.
Original post by fallinasleep

If I received a three-day extension on an assignment, on a Tuesday, is my assignment due on:

You'll be told what time an assignment will be due, usually 12:00. so I would guess 72 hours so Friday.

I don't think the weekend or bank holidays would count so a three-day extension from a Friday where the Monday is a bank holiday would be Thursday.

Check with the details of your extension, it would probably differ depending on the Uni.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by fallinasleep

I'd interpret a "three-day extension" as meaning 72 hours after the original deadline.

If you're not sure, the best thing to do is to ask the person who gave you the extension to tell you what the new submission deadline is.
Reply 3
Original post by Matt14451
I don't think the weekend or bank holidays would count so a three-day extension from a Friday where the Monday is a bank holiday would be Thursday.

That would not be a wise assumption. With online submissions, 3 days will just mean 72 hours.

If you have to physically hand work in, and the university is closed at the point of the new deadline, you'd need to hand it in as soon as possible afterwards. But if that was the case, I'd be asking for clarity as to what the new hand-in time was (it doesn't really make sense to have a physical hand-in deadline at a time when there's no one around to receive it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending