The Student Room Group

moved into uni and feel like ****

hey guys. im a second year and i moved back into catered halls, doing a semester abroad next semester so just the simplest option. i really enjoyed halls life last year, so many great memories and made a great group of friends. and as halls are catered, we always ate dinner together every single day and were really close and hung out nearly every night.

it feels so weird without them here and i’ve been here less than 24 hours but i already feel so depressed and i think im going to struggle to make friends this year, especially because i’m not planning on clubbing a lot but drinking helped me break the tension when i met my old group of friends - so i don’t really know how to make friends sober. and i already know freshers will be **** because i don’t plan on going out much but people around me will be preeing and having a good time.

also, something that’s really, really bothering me is my room. i had a great room last year, it was really big and had a great view and i requested the same room but i didn’t get it, probably because i’m doing a semester abroad. my new room is atrocious because it never gets ANY natural sunlight, and i’m someone who’s REALLY affected by lighting. as well as this, this room is on the ground floor, and my room is way toooooooo dark if the blinds are draped across the window yet still open, so i have to fully get rid of the blinds but that’s really frustrating because my room is right next to the car park and i like my privacy.

sigh, i dunno. i guess it just takes a while to adjust to change and i’ll definitely give it a shot. but i don’t think i’ll cope very well and i feel so depressed.
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys. im a second year and i moved back into catered halls, doing a semester abroad next semester so just the simplest option. i really enjoyed halls life last year, so many great memories and made a great group of friends. and as halls are catered, we always ate dinner together every single day and were really close and hung out nearly every night.

it feels so weird without them here and i’ve been here less than 24 hours but i already feel so depressed and i think im going to struggle to make friends this year, especially because i’m not planning on clubbing a lot but drinking helped me break the tension when i met my old group of friends - so i don’t really know how to make friends sober. and i already know freshers will be **** because i don’t plan on going out much but people around me will be preeing and having a good time.

also, something that’s really, really bothering me is my room. i had a great room last year, it was really big and had a great view and i requested the same room but i didn’t get it, probably because i’m doing a semester abroad. my new room is atrocious because it never gets ANY natural sunlight, and i’m someone who’s REALLY affected by lighting. as well as this, this room is on the ground floor, and my room is way toooooooo dark if the blinds are draped across the window yet still open, so i have to fully get rid of the blinds but that’s really frustrating because my room is right next to the car park and i like my privacy.

sigh, i dunno. i guess it just takes a while to adjust to change and i’ll definitely give it a shot. but i don’t think i’ll cope very well and i feel so depressed.

What university are you at?
Aw I feel sorry for you I guess u will just have to get used to it. Why dont use go clubbing for the first few weeks just to meet new people and make friends then after that u can be sober
Reply 3
Original post by sciencequestion8
What university are you at?

uni of notts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending