Where to keep my car in swansea!! Watch

Tom Downey
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know anywhere in swansea that does not require a permit and doesn't ask silly amounts of money to keep my car here. I've just driven from Ireland and I need somewhere quick.

Many thanks
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is very unlikely you will find anywhere. The university advice was not to bring a car. The only place that comes to mind is the students village if you can get transferred to accommodation there. Ring the accommodation office in he morning to see if they can help. The other option is Park and Ride but that will be costly.
Tom Downey
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
It is very unlikely you will find anywhere. The university advice was not to bring a car. The only place that comes to mind is the students village if you can get transferred to accommodation there. Ring the accommodation office in he morning to see if they can help. The other option is Park and Ride but that will be costly.
Thanks for the reply! I use my car for mountain biking and climbing in my free time haha. Do you know what the possibilities are of obtaining a parking permit?
Thanks
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tom Downey)
Thanks for the reply! I use my car for mountain biking and climbing in my free time haha. Do you know what the possibilities are of obtaining a parking permit?
Thanks
Very slim I would have thought. The vast majority of universities advise not to bring cars because there simply isnt the room to keep them. Try the accommodation people to see if you can get transferred to HSV as there may be off road parking there. Other than that you could park and ride in the day and get a parking permit for night. That will be costly but you have brought the problem on yourself by ignoring the advice

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/sustainability/travel/by-car/
Nocturnalgirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can park in Uplands for free, it is just lots of on street parking though, where second and third years live
Tom Downey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nocturnalgirl)
You can park in Uplands for free, it is just lots of on street parking though, where second and third years live
Ahh perfect, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (46)
27.22%
No (123)
72.78%

Watched Threads