The Student Room Group

transferring from bcu to uni of northampton for law?

thinking after I've done my first year to transfer to uni of Northampton for law just because I want to commute rather than live out. Anyone doing law of uni of n? is it good? their teaching is rated gold & after 3/6 months if u don't find work, they give u a paid work placement/internship or find u a job something like that. I wanted to live in the city & experience uni life but I'm not sure if I can do it for another 3 years. I'll stick It out for the next 8 months and if I really feel like I can't cope, I'm gonna transfer. Called uon today who said they allow first year transfers going into 2nd year. apparently people who transfer usually fail? is this true? I don't believe It personally, but just wanted some advice from anyone who's transferred after first year.
Original post by Anonymous
thinking after I've done my first year to transfer to uni of Northampton for law just because I want to commute rather than live out. Anyone doing law of uni of n? is it good? their teaching is rated gold & after 3/6 months if u don't find work, they give u a paid work placement/internship or find u a job something like that. I wanted to live in the city & experience uni life but I'm not sure if I can do it for another 3 years. I'll stick It out for the next 8 months and if I really feel like I can't cope, I'm gonna transfer. Called uon today who said they allow first year transfers going into 2nd year. apparently people who transfer usually fail? is this true? I don't believe It personally, but just wanted some advice from anyone who's transferred after first year.

What advice do you want?
If you want to commute that's up to you.
Where did you get the information that transferees usually fail?
I can imagine reasons why it might happen, but also why it might work out really well.
I think I would transfer to the best uni possible, but if you can only commute that's a bit limiting.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
What advice do you want?
If you want to commute that's up to you.
Where did you get the information that transferees usually fail?
I can imagine reasons why it might happen, but also why it might work out really well.
I think I would transfer to the best uni possible, but if you can only commute that's a bit limiting.

anyone who's been in the same position?& someone on tsr said that & no I can live out but I don't want too plus my a levels aren't great(bcc)
anyone who's been in the same position?& someone on tsr said that & no I can live out but I don't want too plus my a levels aren't great(bcc)

Someone on TSR said? Who was that? Did you ask them to back it up?
Your degree , your life, your choice.

I would have either resat A levels or worked really hard to get good grades in first year.
Doesnt really matter if you arent intending to qualify.
Reply 4
Someone on TSR said? Who was that? Did you ask them to back it up?
Your degree , your life, your choice.

I would have either resat A levels or worked really hard to get good grades in first year.
Doesnt really matter if you arent intending to qualify.

Resisting wasn't an option really as I don't think I would've done any better & I mean I only had my first lecture yesterday. & wdym it doesn't really matter if you aren't intending to qualify? Qualify as what?
Resisting wasn't an option really as I don't think I would've done any better & I mean I only had my first lecture yesterday. & wdym it doesn't really matter if you aren't intending to qualify? Qualify as what?

Legal profession.
In any event do well on your studies and make the most of the year.
If you get too homesick then leave within 14 days of enrolment.
You might also wish to contact and check in with Northampton Law society.
Reply 6
Legal profession.
In any event do well on your studies and make the most of the year.
If you get too homesick then leave within 14 days of enrolment.
You might also wish to contact and check in with Northampton Law society.

I want to qualify as a solicitor thou?& yh I'm just gonna make the most of my 8 months here in bham & work hard & if i don't like it or cant cope I'll transfer to uon & ive been enrolled since the start of September think it's too late & I want to leave but what I'm feeling might just Be a temporary feeling so don't want to rush into anything. & why should I contact them x
I want to qualify as a solicitor thou?& yh I'm just gonna make the most of my 8 months here in bham & work hard & if i don't like it or cant cope I'll transfer to uon & ive been enrolled since the start of September think it's too late & I want to leave but what I'm feeling might just Be a temporary feeling so don't want to rush into anything. & why should I contact them x

Just make an effort. for the year. You need the grades. Yes it might change.

Just to make contact and find out about the course and life at UoN.
Reply 8
Just make an effort. for the year. You need the grades. Yes it might change.

Just to make contact and find out about the course and life at UoN.

R u implying I won't be able to qualify as a solicitor?&yh if I smash it out the next 8 months as soon as I get Lyn first year grades I'll probably transfer& oh okay I will contact them thanksss
R u implying I won't be able to qualify as a solicitor?&yh if I smash it out the next 8 months as soon as I get Lyn first year grades I'll probably transfer& oh okay I will contact them thanksss

I am saying you will find it harder with UoN or BCU, it really depends what sort of firm you want to apply to.
You can always find out from both unis what firms their graduates get into.
I am saying you will find it harder with UoN or BCU, it really depends what sort of firm you want to apply to.
You can always find out from both unis what firms their graduates get into.

i know it wont be magic circle firms obviously & neither do i think ill get into one. I have researched many firms who are willing to fund my lpc with the grades I have as long as I get a 2.1.
i know it wont be magic circle firms obviously & neither do i think ill get into one. I have researched many firms who are willing to fund my lpc with the grades I have as long as I get a 2.1.

Good luck. You are just at the beginning.
Good luck. You are just at the beginning.

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending