The Student Room Group

University Credits - somehow they are gone?

Okay, I'll start of by briefly explaining the situation.

I started my education at University of Northampton 2 years ago - I am autistic and first year went absolutely horrendously. Had to restart it. Second attempt at first year went better - got some A's here and there but failed a module. I hated the way they teach there though, I didn't like lecturers, they didn't like me, I wasn't offered any support whatsoever to help me deal with my ADHD and Autistic Spectrum.

So I decided to transfer to Teesside uni for the same course. Went to open days, yada yada, spoke with lecturers there, they encouraged me to apply. So I did apply through UCAS (i havent sent my application just yet but it's ready to be sent off and i have everything i needed including references etc), sent my art portfolio directly to the program leader at Teesside.
As per UoN's policy there's no way to directly transfer - You have to withdraw first and so I did this.
And I got an email... That somehow I got only 20 credits? From entirety of the year? This isn't possible at all, my assignments weren't marked whatsoever I knew about it but I also didn't know they will just discard everything and wont even bother to grade things before they send me transcript of my grades.
Student support is ignoring me, not replying to my emails.

What do I even do in this situation?
One option is to start from year one again but SFE most likely will not fund me another year 1 and I cannot afford to pay for tuition fee myself and it lowkey feels like wasted time, lots of wasted time.
Where can I report this to, which team at institutions usually handles things like that?

I am so confused and absolutely devastated.
Hi there,

Great to hear you're thinking of joining us here at Teesside :smile:

Sorry to hear you're struggling to contact your previous university. If you're still seeking support feel free to contact our admissions team, as they be able to provide extra guidance.

The contact number is: 01642 738801

Kind Regards
E

Latest

Trending

Trending