The Student Room Group

Letting go

How best to let go of someone you like?

I’ve come to accept she doesn’t like me but it doesn’t change how I feel. Is it better for me to stop talking to her or not?
Stop talking to her.

No contact makes it so much easier to get over someone.
I remember going through this some time ago. Okay, listen. Tell yourself you don't care, convince yourself that she doesn't matter. Our mind is so strong, we can convince it to believe anything. Best thing would be to mentally switch off whenever thoughts of her come up. I am not sure if this is healthy, but worked for me.
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
Stop talking to her.

No contact makes it so much easier to get over someone.

Original post by Anonymous
I remember going through this some time ago. Okay, listen. Tell yourself you don't care, convince yourself that she doesn't matter. Our mind is so strong, we can convince it to believe anything. Best thing would be to mentally switch off whenever thoughts of her come up. I am not sure if this is healthy, but worked for me.

Thanks guys. I’ll try not talking the next time the conversation stops I think. I can’t just not care, I struggle to do that with anyone it’s just not me.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks guys. I’ll try not talking the next time the conversation stops I think. I can’t just not care, I struggle to do that with anyone it’s just not me.

I know. I am the same, but I have learnt the hard way that not everyone deserves our emotions. Invest your emotions in the right people, for your own sake. If you are young, you will learn this lesson later in life, I think. I am not saying that you shouldn't care, but you really need to stop caring for the wrong people. Trustttttt me, these thoughts will leave you one day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending